BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), today announced the LG Cosmos™ 2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning July 14. Customers can quickly text, talk and share with the LG Cosmos 2’s QWERTY keyboard; mobile Web; and convenient access to Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter™, making it easy to stay connected while on the go.
- Four-row QWERTY keyboard
- Enhanced apps storefront with shopping cart, recommendations, search features and more
- New Mobile Email app: send and receive text and picture attachments, and search through mail and work contacts
- Multi-language support: easily switch phone settings and text input between English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Korean
- Document viewer: supports a variety of popular file formats: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf and .txt
- microSD card™ support for up to 32 GB
- Music player that supports MP3, WMA, AAC and AAC+ formats
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 1.3-megapixel camera
- Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) capabilities support multiple Bluetooth profiles, including: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), file transfer, message access, phone book access, and audio/video remote control
- Customers can send text, picture or voice messages to an individual or select group
- Call and messaging restrictions: block or allow all incoming or outgoing calls and messages or set restrictions so only calls and messages are allowed with set contacts (except emergency calls)
- Voice commands: Commands include call, send, message to, go to, check, contacts, search, redial, play, My Verizon, voice-activated dialing, help
- Customizable main menu
Pricing and availability:
- The LG Cosmos 2 will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on July 14 for $29.99 after a $50 mail in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- LG Cosmos 2 customers will be able to try the Mobile Email app for 10 uses at no additional charge. Customers will be given the option to subscribe to Mobile Email for $5 monthly access after the tenth use.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of LG Cosmos 2 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc. LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world’s leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.