KANSAS CITY, MO — Concertgoers will be able to capture every killer rift and take photos of their favorite bands at Kanrocksas this weekend, thanks to Verizon’s increased coverage. Verizon Wireless will deploy a temporary cell tower – or COLT – to the Kansas Speedway so fans can capture every moment of the two-day event.
A COLT, or “cell on light truck,” is a fully functional, mobile cell site that enhances wireless capacity in a given area, thereby enabling thousands of extra customers in the area to use their wireless phones concurrently to make calls; send and receive emails and text, picture and video messages; access the Internet; view high-quality videos and download music, games and ringtones, while enjoying clearer reception and fewer dropped calls.
Not only can a COLT enhance service surrounding large-scale entertainment and cultural events, it can also be used in times of disaster. Verizon Wireless’ COLTs can be rolled into hard-hit locations or areas that temporarily need extra network capacity, such Joplin, Mo., after the recent tornado disaster.
- View the Verizon Wireless COLT on-site at Kanrocksas Aug. 5-6 and learn how these trucks can aid network facilities during an event, disaster, or other interruption, and process thousands of calls every hour.
- Obtain information on how the wireless network works and what Verizon Wireless does to enhance service to customers.
- Conduct interviews with Verizon Wireless network operations representatives.
- High-tech, 20,000-pound vehicle with 30-foot antenna and generator.
- Network equipment inside the vehicle.
- For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact Brenda Hill at 913-344-2922 or via email at Brenda.Hill@verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.