BASKING RIDGE, NJ — WHO:Verizon, provider of the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network
WHAT: Broadcast-quality video from the official opening of Verizon’s Application Innovation Center, including:
- Video from the opening presentation, featuring executives from Verizon Wireless, Qualcomm and Chomp
- Sound bites from:
- Dan Mead, president and chief executive officer of Verizon Wireless
- David Small, chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless
- Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer of Verizon Wireless
- Tami Erwin, president, west area, Verizon Wireless
- Ben Keighran, co-founder and chief executive officer of Chomp
- Larry Rau, director, Network for Verizon Wireless
- Brian Higgins, executive director of LTE Ecosystem Development for Verizon Wireless
- Video highlights showcasing Verizon’s Application Innovation Center
WHERE:In the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
BACKGROUND: The Verizon Application Innovation Center is a place for developers, network engineers, entrepreneurs and others to work together on innovative applications that take advantage of Verizon Wireless’ leading 3G and 4G LTE mobile networks. The San Francisco facility is connected to Verizon’s LTE Innovation Center, located in Waltham, Mass., to optimize synergies between development activities at each location. The new space includes several collaboration labs and private development labs, and it offers access to Verizon Wireless equipment; services; and Verizon Wireless experts in application development, software development, network APIs, network performance and business development.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.