STREETSBORO, OH — Verizon Wireless has moved its Communications Store in Streetsboro to a new state-of-the-art location in Heritage Landing at 9529 State Route 14, next to Burger King and Steak’n Shake. The new store, opening tomorrow, will offer consumers and small business customers hands-on interaction with wireless voice, data, music and video services in a sleek, new full-service environment.
To celebrate its latest “evolution” communications store in Streetsboro, Verizon Wireless is hosting a series of public events during the next few days.
- Grand Opening CelebrationSaturday, Oct. 6, from noon to 2 p.m.WONE-FM is holding a radio remote to kick off a month-long device drive to promote Verizon’s earth-friendly device recycling program. The recycling program supports its HopeLine® initiative that turns no-longer-used wireless phones into support for victims of domestic violence. The public is encouraged to bring unwanted phones or tablets from any provider to the store to recycle. And, if the phones and tablets have value, they’ll receive a Verizon Wireless gift card.
- Donation to Family & Community Services, Inc.Saturday, Oct. 6, 12:15 p.m.Verizon Wireless will present a financial grant of $1,000 to the organization at the grand opening. The grant will help support Family & Community Services, Inc.’s program, “Safer Futures,” whose mission is to create safer futures to lessen the scope of domestic violence in Portage County. In addition, for every phone or tablet recycled at the store during the month-long drive, an second donation will be made to Family & Community Services, Inc.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with Mayor Glenn M. BroskaTuesday, Oct. 9, at 10 a.m. Mayor Glenn Broska and other city officials will welcome the new store to the community with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Visitors to the new Verizon Wireless Communications Store can sample a wide array of fully-activated new basic phones, smartphones, tablets and other devices for a total wireless experience on the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network.
“Our new, green store in Streetsboro provides plenty of space for both shopping and customer service, in keeping with our commitment to deliver innovative voice and data plans, exciting new devices and services and the best possible wireless experience,” said Thad Rosenberry, district manager for retail sales–Ohio/Pennsylvania/West Virginia Region, Verizon Wireless.
The new Streetsboro store is the latest Verizon Wireless retail location in the state to apply for LEED certification from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). The store’s design optimizes water and energy use, enhances indoor environmental quality and reduces waste through specifications and responsible procurement and construction practices. The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
Additional convenience features of the new Streetsboro store include:
- More than 50 working models of handsets, tablets, air cards and other devices for customers to handle and test.
- A Greeter Kiosk that enables customers to check in electronically before browsing the store and then talk with a representative who will already have their account background and reason for visiting the store keyed up on the customer-service computer.
- A Bill Payment Kiosk that enables customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
- Customer Service and Technical Support departments that make it easy for customers to get account information and service and address technical issues from the trained in-store staff.
The new Verizon Wireless Communications Store in Streetsboro will be open Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The store’s phone number is (330) 422-1533.
For more news and stories specific to the Verizon Wireless Midwest AreaVisit and subscribe to our blog: http://vzwmidwestarea.com/.
For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in Ohio by following @VZWlaura on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwlaura. For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades, follow @VZWNetwork on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNetwork.
About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 94.2 million retail customers, including 88.8 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 78,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About USGBC The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a 501(c)(3) non profit composed of leaders from every sector of the building industry working to promote buildings and communities that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work. The U.S. Green Building Council developed the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System.
About LEED® The LEED Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings.