As a Verizon Wireless employee, I am often asked about technology and apps from friends, family and strangers. Here are my five must-have apps:
1. Texas Tech Red Raiders Sports – You can take the girl out of Texas Tech, but you can’t take the Texas Tech out of the girl. As an alumni and “retired” Raider Recruiter, I like to keep up with Red Raider sports. I never miss a game or score with this app. #IAmARedRaider
2. NOOK – I love to read but don’t want all the books sitting around my house. With my NOOK app, my library is in the palm of my hands.
3. NFL Mobile – Two words: DALLAS COWBOYS! I can keep up with team news and watch football when I can’t be at home. Thank you NFL Mobile!
4. Subway Surfers – I’m a little (okay, a lot) competitive. I play this game every night to beat the daily challenge and my friends’ top scores.
5. Visual Knitting Counter – As a knitter, this app helps me keep up with my pattern so I don’t knit a fifth corner into a blanket. (I’ve done that.) Bye bye little slips of paper with Xs everywhere.
This is part the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.