Verizon was out in full force in New Orleans at the ESSENCE Festival this weekend. Here’s what attendees had to say:
- “ESSENCE is always a huge event. It’s a celebration of our culture and a way to come together. The amazing performances in the Superdome – just the performances alone make it worth it to come here. [ESSENCE Festival] is very inspirational. It’s a great way to exchange information, inspire each other and celebrate.” – Boris Kodjoe, Actor
- “I really enjoyed the Verizon panel with Morris Chestnut. He is the bomb. Also, [enjoyed] Lance Gross. H.U. (Howard University) in the house. Thank you Verizon.” – Lauren Jackson, Los Angeles
- “I had a great time here with Verizon. I love staying connected with a hotspot. I’ve been a customer with Verizon for over 10 years. I love it; had a great time!” – Jasmine Harvey, Chicago
- “For the past 20 years, ESSENCE has hosted a one-of-a-kind weekend with music, community service, inspiration and countless opportunities to empower all who attend. My experience as part of Verizon has been invigorating, inspiring and humbling. To have the experience to represent one of the most powerful brands in the world and invest in my community is rewarding. It reinforces that what we do at Verizon everyday matters. Customers depend on us to show them what’s possible through the advancement of technology and have the most reliable network to keep them connected to who and what is most important to them.” – Vicky Boston, vice president – Northeast Area Customer Service, Verizon Wireless
- “I have enjoyed ESSENCE 2014. I particularly enjoyed the Verizon booth and seeing Sanaa Lathan; she’s one of my favorite actresses. And, being able to see Regina Hall. This was a great experience. Thank you for having me.” – Jennifer Casselberry, Alabama
- “The energy and excitement of being at the ESSENCE Festival was amazing. It was inspiring to talk to people who had attended before and embraced some of the things they learned in the Empowerment panels to make their lives better.” – Jackie Travis, Kendall Park, N.J.