TV personality, keynote speaker and author Jonathan Sprinkles recently hosted and moderated the 2014 Domestic Violence Awareness Summit: A Day to Connect, Inspire and Heal. After the event, he shared his #musthaveapps.
- Streaks – I love this app because it is a calendar that gives me a visual tracking system for my daily or weekly activities that I want to turn into positive habits, such as exercising, writing or even calling my mom. It’s simple—it displays a big ‘X’ on days that I have completed my task and it counts number of days in my streak. It’s one thing to think you’re on target; but it’s even more motivating to see it in front of your face.
- Gratitude Journal – I like this app because it asks me -- at random times of the day -- what I am grateful for. It helps me keep my mind focused on the good in my life. It’s important to focus on the positive.
- Time Timer – This is a great productivity app. It keeps me honest to the times I set to get things done. The app displays a red circle that represents a clock dial. As time ticks away, you can see the circle get smaller. To a visual person, this is an amazing tool to help with staying focused. It’s great for finishing an assignment or inspiring you to hold that plank position a little longer at the gym.
- Flight View – I travel to speaking engagements weekly so I rely on this flight tracker app to give me all the information I need while on the road. It provides real-time updates on flights and even tells me the gate I’m flying from and the number of the baggage claim my bags will arrive. That’s huge!
- Remote – I use this to control my Apple TV from anywhere inside my house. This is especially important for me because I love music. Any time I get the urge, I can log on, pump the surround sound as loud as possible and rock out to whatever song is buzzing around in my head.
Data usage applies for app download and use.This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.