Computer virus infection
Your computer may be infected with a virus. Virus symptoms include:
If there is any possibility that your computer may be infected by a virus, scan your hard drive and remove the virus.
- Inexplicable system crashes
- Programs taking significantly longer to start
- A decrease in computer processing speed without reason
- Excessive attempts to access the hard drive, even for simple tasks
- Files are suddenly corrupted or don't work properly
- A sharp reduction in available memory and system resources for no apparent reason
- Programs or files that are suddenly missing
- Programs or files that are created without your permission
- A sudden reduction in available hard drive space
- The changing of a volume or disk's name
- Strange messages or displays on your monitor
- The playing of unusual sounds or music at random times
How do alarm systems work with DSL?
Verizon SignIn Alerts
Did you know?
Many equipment problems can be fixed in less than
Make sure your equipment is plugged in and that the power is working in the rest of your house