Removing a Carrier Freeze
You can remove the carrier freeze one of the following ways:
* A requirement of the FCC Slamming Order is that Verizon can accept three-way calls from carriers with Verizon's customers on the line only for the following purposes:
- Contact Verizon during regular business hours.
- Send Verizon a written request.
- Set up a three-way call*.
Your new carrier and you can call Verizon together during regular business hours to lift the freeze.
Related Customer Rights and Safety topics
- To verify the existence of a freeze on the customer's account.
- To remove the freeze at the customer's request.