Check for network adaptor problems using Device Manager
- Right-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Select Properties from the menu. The System Properties window appears.
- If you're using Windows Vista, simply click Device Manager. If you're using an earlier version of Windows, select the Hardware tab and then Device Manager.
- When Device Manager displays, expand Network Adapters by clicking on the plus (+) sign. Problems with the network adaptor (or other hardware devices) are indicated with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Close the Device Manager window.