These instructions are for the Verizon P265 remote control. If this is not the model of your remote, find the instructions for your model on the FiOS TV remote controls & codes page.
If you've tried the remote code listed for your TV and it did not work, or the remote code is not listed, you can search for a valid code to set up your remote.
Search for a valid code and set up your remote
- Turn on your TV and the FiOS TV Set-Top Box.
Make sure you can see live TV.
- Press and hold the OK and FiOS TV buttons together then release both buttons.
The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.
- Press and hold the Play button.
The remote control tries a new TV code every second.
The red LED light blinks each time a new code is sent.
- When the TV turns off, release the Play button immediately.
NOTE: Some TVs may respond slower than others. If necessary, you can press the Ch+ and Ch- buttons to go forward or backward one TV code at a time.
- Test your remote to ensure it is working properly:
- Turn on the TV by pressing the TV button on your FiOS TV remote.
- Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons to ensure that you can control the volume.
- Press the Mute and A/V buttons to ensure they work.
If any of these buttons do not work, press and hold that button. Release the button as soon as it works.
- If all the buttons work, press OK to this TV remote code.
The red LED light blinks 3 times and then turns off. Your remote control is now programmed.