Remote codes for the Scientific-Atlanta remote are unknown or invalid
If you do not know the remote codes for a device, or if you've tried all the listed remote codes for your device and none of them work, you can search for the correct remote code by following the steps below.
Note: These steps only apply to the Scientific-Atlanta AT8550 AllTouch Remote Control. If this is not the make and model of your remote, go to the supported remote control models page and find the instructions for your specific remote control.
Searching for a Remote Code
You can stop here or you may want to determine the code that worked so you can record it for future reference.
- Turn on the device you want to program into your remote, for example if you are programming your remote to control your TV, then turn on the TV.
- Press and hold the Select button while also pressing the device button for the device you turned on in step 1 (AUX, DVD, VCR, TV, CBL) until the device button blinks twice.
- Press 991.
The mode button blinks twice.
- Point the remote control toward the device you are setting up and press the Play button.
The remote control tests each code in its library. The mode button blinks once each time the remote transmits a new code. When the last code is reached, the mode button blinks twice.
- When the device powers off, press the Select button.
- Verify the new code is correct by pressing the Power button.
Did the device power on again?
Yes: Press Select to assign the code in your remote control.
No: Turn the device on and press the Channel Up or Channel Down button to step forward or back to the correct code. When the device turns off, press Select to assign the code.