This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
This Talent Acquisition Professional will manage the full lifecycle recruitment for exempt and management level positions (including executive searches) within Network HQ and Product Development.
Develop and execute alternative sourcing methods to attract an experienced, professional, diversified workforce aligned with the Verizon Wireless culture and hiring targets.
• Create a pipeline of scalable talent for respective functions.
• Partner with HR generalist team to create staffing processes and procedures aligned with needs of HQ functions to ensure efficiency, legal compliance and fiscal responsibility.
• Manage the recruitment process for exempt and management level staff positions. This includes:
o Lead consultative recruiting planning session with the hiring manager to set expectations and timelines for the recruiting process, create desired candidate profile.
o Develop sourcing strategy and establish desired communication protocol with the hiring manager and HR Generalist team.
o Conduct cold calls and utilize online social networking techniques to identify new and qualified candidates.
oSource, evaluate and qualify top talent for select HQ area openings (including executive level searches). Utilize VZW applicant tracking system, Internet recruiting databases, networking and advertising to identify qualified candidates.
• Lead unique staffing initiatives that may include searches for niche/ emerging technological skill sets and/or executive level recruitment.
• Drive the staffing processes and procedures to ensure alignment with needs of HQ functions to ensure recruiting approach is efficient, legally compliant and fiscally responsible.
Pipeline development/Proactive recruiting
• Partner with HR Generalist team and functional leaders to identify skill gaps within the business and proactively build a rich pipeline of talent for current and future vacancies. Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
• Research and identify alternative sourcing methods. These sources would include social networking strategies, community/affinity organizations, peers in other companies, search firms, etc.
• Network through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees. Build strategic relationship with local professional groups and affinity organizations.
• Develop/utilize tools to manage candidates in pipeline and effectively track candidates collected through various sources to measure effectiveness of sources.
• Maintain a well-developed network of candidates and/or the skills to build the network quickly and comprehensively. Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
• Proactively research emerging talent trends and identify linkages to the VZW strategic business direction.
Talent Management and Reporting
• Develop an individual scorecard to communicate recruiting success and regularly report out on recruiting stats against any function specific or VZW hiring targets.
• Regularly report out on recruiting stats against function-specific and VZW hiring targets (Degreed hire, Diversity, and College Hire).
• Generate monthly external staffing reports for the headcount reporting exercise.
• Program manage Talent Acquisition initiatives (Leadership Development Programs and Intern programs, etc.).
To be successful, you will need:
• BA/BS College degree in HR or Business or related field experience preferred
• 3-5 Years of external (technical) recruiting experience (agency experience preferred)
• Knowledge of all steps in the full life cycle of recruiting exempt/management level talent
• Deep functional expertise and/or experience staffing exempt-level positions within Finance and Information Technology
• Effective consulting skills in working with managers to senior leaders
• Demonstrated expertise in using standard sourcing tools (corporate websites, general job boards, professional associations, agencies, college postings and alumni organizations, open houses, employee referrals, etc.) as well as specialized sourcing strategies (contracted research, niche websites, social networking) to proactively build candidate pipelines that generate sufficient quantity and quality to meet business in a cost effective manner
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Internet recruiting tools is required. (ATS) Applicant tracking systems experience is preferred
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen, with the ability to discern scalable talent
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid, fast-paced environment
• Strong project management/organizational skills with strong attention to detail, systems and processes. Must have successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven vendor management skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills in strategic thinking and negotiation
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.