Marketing Manager - Converged Solutions
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
The “Converged Solutions” group at Verizon Wireless has joined forces with multiple channel video providers (cable TV companies, such as: Comcast and Time Warner Cable) to develop joint products playing at the center of consumers’ digital lives to enable mobility, communication, social connectedness, entertainment and more. The Product Design and Management Team is charged with creating and shaping differentiated product and service offerings that deliver a superior experience for the always-connected mobile lifestyle and give customers a compelling reason to continue service with the partner companies. Product offerings can range from small changes in existing products that lead to dramatic improvements in customer experiences, to new solutions that customers will crave but can’t yet imagine.
The Product Design Manager is a high profile, key role within Converged Solutions and will be responsible for leading the concepting, development and management of the group’s product road map. The Product Design Manager will partner with multiple channel video provider partners, and third party vendors to concept product solutions leveraging the value companies within the partnership are uniquely positioned to provide. Product designs aim to deliver superior user experiences that are differentiated in the marketplace. Manager works closely with Engineering and IT teams to communicate product specifications and project manage the build process within Verizon Wireless and partner companies. Develops presentations, communications and documentation for executive level review and sell-in on product roadmap its consumer value proposition and market differentiation.
Works with Advertising, Go-to-Market and Service Operations teams to ensure product features and benefits are well-positioned and well-supported within Verizon Wireless, partner companies and licensee organizations. Manager will provide points of view on ecosystem development and product strategy but focus more heavily on product design, implementation and roadmap management.
Manager should have broad technical background in software design and development, user experience design, and IT architecture in the telecommunications, wireless, multichannel video provider or consumer electronics spaces. Strong marketing and strategic thinking skills to understand how product solutions can drive the business deliverables and enhance user experiences.
If you enjoy staying at the edge of mobile, entertainment and communications technology trends as well as building and delivering a killer end customer experience through platforms, devices, strategic partnerships and ecosystems, you will find this role highly rewarding and exciting.
Position will be located in Basking Ridge, NJ reporting to the Product Design and Management Director.
1. Development & Prioritization of Product Portfolio
2. Product Roadmap Management
3. Partner Management
4. Vendor Management
5. Consumer & Market Analysis
6. Report Preparation & Presentations
• 8+ years experience in the telecommunications or consumer electronics industry (wireless, cable TV, OEMs) with in-depth knowledge of consumer entertainment and mobile devices and products.
• Strong engineering background with understanding of networking, software design and / or IT architecture
• Strong product management skills with ability to identify trends, distill competitive landscape, forecast consumer adoption and size market opportunity
• Strong project management experience leading large scale cross-functional teams in matrix organizations and within strategic partner organizations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience in hardware and software development of consumer electronics, mobile, entertainment devices
• Technical understanding of mobile platforms, consumer electronics devices, entertainment enabling infrastructures, applications and software
• Holistic understanding of consumer entertainment and mobile user experience (e.g. technology, user behavior). Ability to distill consumer behavior, preferences and usage into product differentiators.
• Familiarity with the broader mobile, entertainment, social media and consumer electronics ecosystems – and desire to stay abreast of latest trends and developments within them. High enthusiasm for learning about new consumer electronics products, devices and technology trends.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and multitask with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines.
• Ability to think “outside the box” and an ardent desire to innovate.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to present at all levels of organization.
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills leveraging data driven decision-making.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to communicate with technical leads, engineers, designers, marketing, sales, customer care, legal and executives; strong technical vendor management.
• Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, and schedule development.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or Liberal Arts
Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or MBA is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.