Platform API Strategist
This job posting is no longer active
- Palo Alto, CA - United States
- Marketing - Full-Time
- Job #
This job posting is no longer active
This individual will be responsible for the development, product strategy, and execution of the roll-out for APIs within the Verizon Network Platform program. Responsibilities include identifying and evaluating market needs, the development of requirements, and pricing plans for specific API’s. In the event that APIs require external partner solutions, this individual will be required to manage the partnership and contracts. This position requires both a strong technical and platform product background with a touch of business development as well as keen eye for technology trends and a passion for APIs and apps.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
• Manage and define network platform strategy, roadmap, requirements
• Manage the product lifecycle/PLM process for API launch
• Developpricing & business cases for APIs
• Work hand in hand with internal cross-functional teams to define and execute internal API requirements; metrics tracking and joint marketing efforts will be required on periodic basis
• Engage with internal and external organizations on the appraisal, review and prioritization of selected APIs
• Identify external API partner requirements for inclusion in API product strategy.
• Research APIs meeting key market needs with significant growth potential for VZW network platform strategy
• Identify market trends in related verticals/spaces for incorporation into product strategy/decisioning.
• Develop proposals for implementing key APIs to meet identified market needs
• Identify, recommend, and evangelize key API partners with senior management for buy-in and execution
• Support the Drafting and negotiation of commercial terms agreement, in conjunction with the Finance team, for selected API partners including deal structuring, financial analysis and marketing promotions as needed
• Minimum of 5 combined years in technology, business development, product management, sales/marketing and operations
• Must have understanding or work experience with programming and familiarity with APIs
• Demonstrated Passion, Passion, and Passion for APIs and delivering 1st class products.
• You know a great API when you see it.
• Working experience with REST, SOAP, XML, JSON and other relevant API standards
• Ability to go toe-to-toe with the best architects discussing API design.
• You must be creative and be able to manage competing priorities to achieve desired end state.
• Experience as a Product Manager, Architect, and/or Engineer building and/or using APIs.
• Demonstrated capabilities in identifying and selecting partners based on strategic technical criteria
• Experience in leading the adoption of new technologies (organizational and market) and full life cycle of product/solution management
• Experience working with a developer program is a plus.
• Seasoned and proven negotiation skills with experience managing complex initiatives across multiple functions with track record of fiscal responsibility
• In depth knowledge of the wireless industry including marketing approaches, pricing strategies, business models and regulatory issues is a must
• Collaboration skills and the ability to motivate team members, peers and superiors to action
• Has a strong sense of how business operates in a holistic viewpoint and be able to bring a macro perspective to business opportunities
• Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively, at all levels of management, throughout the organization
• Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities - An individual who can function effectively and drive desired results in a fluid, fast-moving and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change
• Has the ability to make informed decision without much guidance and possesses the skills/desire to function as a business partner to the rest of organization
• Proven execution skills - It will be important that the successful candidate can successfully execute against the roadmap strategy alongside the existing team that exists within this organization
Education: Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and/or technical certification (Computer Engineering/Science/Engineering); MBA/MS is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.