This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we feel we have more satisfied professionals than the average company. Why? We attract individuals who can achieve a healthy balance between helping the company succeed and advancing their own careers. The result is an energized, team-oriented environment where individual contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Sales Manager leads a group of Sr. Account Executives to grow and protect Verizon Enterprise Solutions revenues at our largest and most strategic enterprise customers. The Sales Manager plays an integral part in the revenue generation by leading their team to sell solutions from our extensive technology portfolio to solve their clients' business and IT needs. The Sales Manager is, also, responsible to identify new out-sourcing and systems integration opportunities which contribute to Verizon's total revenue commitment.
The Sales Manager directs and coaches the sales team in the sales process, manages customer satisfaction throughout, mentors and develops their direct reports, builds relationships internally and is responsible for developing deeper business relationships with our clients' executives and staff. The Sales Manager focuses particular attention on leading the sales team in focusing on developing solutions and selling strategic services to include Netowrk, IP Telephony, Data Center solutions including Cloud Computing, Managed Services, Security Services, Call Center solutions, wireless solutions including M2M and CPE offerings. Strategic services Solutions are characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resource issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of customers.
This position will:
• Manage an aggressive multi-million dollar sales quota in a highly competitive environment.
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of sales employees, which normally consists of 5-9 Sr. Account Executives.
• Lead team in protecting and growing existing customer account/revenue base and attaining revenue growth, quality and expense targets.
• Supports in the successful development and implementation of Strategic Account Plans for all assigned accounts.
• Negotiate teams and individual Sr. Account Executive objectives based on account andmarket analysis, qualified business conditions and application opportunities.
• Secure necessary Branch and interdepartmental commitment of resources required to implement pre and post sales and service activities needed to facilitate sales and maintain/improve customer satisfaction.
• Determine if RFPs are being written or have been issued for areas that are a core competency for Verizon and are for opportunities that are determined to be qualified.
• Brainstorm and develop new suggested solutions to satisfy customer demands.
• Assist others in thinking creatively and developing new ideas to sell VzB solution portfolio.
• Define objectives for the department and sets priorities for utilizing resources.
• Keep abreast of information and product developments.
• Create and maintain a good team spirit.
• Attends minimum of 4 – 6 sales calls per week with team members to establish personal contact and customer satisfaction.
• Review VES new solutions and solution portfolio with customers to solve their business needs.
• Discuss financial and business impacts of proposed products and services with current and potential Verizon customers.
• Develop a good understanding of their customer base industries, business objectives and business trends.
• Prepares sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential
• Participates in contract negotiations.
• Develops creative and customized package of new applications and services.
• Requires an understanding of Verizon Business services/products and network.
Required Skills & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, 7 to 10 years successful strategic/solutions and/or systems integration sales experience or related discipline, 3 to 5 years Sales Management (supervisory) experience. Must be able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such, managerial experience a plus.
The preferred candidate must have demonstrated in previous roles: strong leadership skills, an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self-direction and motivation, and a proven track record in consultative selling solutions.
The preferred candidate must also be able to manage multiple priorities, develop strong relationships within assigned accounts, and:
• Articulate client business value with consultative selling approaches
• Understand the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and sell solutions that Verizon Business can deliver
• Assist with developing proposals and oral presentations
• Work in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently while building a successful sales pipeline/channel
• Team with Verizon Enterprise Solutions colleagues and vendors to develop creative solutions
• Promote cross-brand solutions to promote the overall Verizon Enterprise Solutions portfolio requiring an understanding of legacy VzB and VzW offerings.
• Understand key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the VES solution space
• Must have proven track record of exceeding annual revenue plan.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Excellent communication skills, able to interact with C-Level executives, polished and professional, ability to work effectively on their own and work well under tight deadlines. Able to effectively work on multiple projects at a time. Must be organized. Negotiation skills required. Must be able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives.
There’s more than one way to move a company forward. You can focus on advancing your own career or on advancing the entire organization. At Verizon, we look for individuals who can approach both with equal enthusiasm.
Sales Manager - Enterprise Sales - Ashburn - Information Technology - Sales - Security - Telecommunications Operations