Datacenter Operations Region Manager
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
Data Center Operations Region Manager (EMEA/APAC)
• The Region Manager of Data Center Operations is responsible for managing and controlling all aspects of Data Center Operations for all of Verizon/Terremark’s facilities within the defined region. Within this scope, essential duties include but are not limited to managing personnel in multiple locations involved with on-going major construction, customer installations/ decommissions electrical projects, colocation and managed hosting support and facilities maintenance.
• Directs and coordinates the activities of all of the region’s Data Centers which involves participating in senior strategic planning, development, implementation & control of organization policies, goals, and budgets in each data center.
• Establish and manage the operational practices and escalations procedures that provide support services to Verizon/Terremark’s customers in the colocation facilities in the region.
• Hire, supervise (including compensation and performance decisions) and provide strategic guidance to Data Center Managers.
• To provide mentorship and strategically coordinate the activities of the Data Centers Managers and onsite personnel so as to achieve operational efficiency and economy.
• Full responsibility for managing regional data center budget by making cost effective decisions about each datacenter needs in order to meet business & customer needs. Manage profit/loss reports, budget projections, and expense/revenue data to provide regular reports to Director of Operations.
• Decision making authority within the data centers under their leadership on areas that do not require the involvement of the Director of Operations to make time sensitive critical decisions such as site restoration activities.
• Active involvement and responsibility accomplishing required integration activities for the sites under his/her purview. This includes staffing, standardization, process alignments, budget controls, escalations, and decision making.
• Manage multiple incidents/multi-site incidents from crisis management, customer deployments, or internal infrastructure support.
• Work closely with clients, vendors, and other systems professionals in order to identify operational issues.
• Supervise the colocation and managed services support activities being provided at all the sites in the assigned region.
• Develop timely, innovative and cost-effective solutions to protect the all the assigned sites’ mission critical infrastructure.
• Supervise Facilities Engineering Department onsite efforts to ensure 100% uptime of all electrical and mechanical systems that supports our customers’ mission critical infrastructure.
• Supervise the Installation Departments at each site to ensure all customer deployments of racks, ladder rack, cabinets and cabling are completed on time, and in a standardized quality compliant manner.
• Remain industry current with respect to all key developments affecting colocation, managed hosting, security, power management and datacenter cooling best practices and technologies.
• Produce and analyze financial data in order to create complex and comprehensive reports for Director of Operations.
• Provide written weekly status reports to Director of Operations.
• Represent effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Substantial knowledge of physical telecommunications systems deployment. This includes but is not limited to rack mounting, power systems, electrical wiring, network protocols, etc. A detailed knowledge of telecommunications switching systems, related protocols SS7, ISDN, TCP/IP, ESF, etc.), international communications environments, and testing/turn-up is essential. Group Managers must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to produce and analyze financial data in order create complex and comprehensive reports. Ability to speak/presenent effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.