Regional Strategic and Development Manager
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
In Verizon, we are looking a dedicated strategic resource to the Area Vice President (AVP) (under the franchise model), this position will be focused on the development and ongoing execution of AVP directed sub-regional activities and initiatives whilst still working at the regional level via Regional Strategic Account Director (RSAD) APAC directed strategic programs.
This role will continue reproduce what the RSAD does at regional level for the AVP and be a conduit to various regional and/or global programs. The 5 Regional RSAE will work as a virtual team and report direct to the RSAD in 2012 but will be working at the direction of the AVP as below.
AVP Directed activities include but are not limited to include:
• POAP development and execution, GTM Planning and Execution 3x5 Process, AM Territory planning, TOP 10 Account Strategy development and execution , Top 10 Opportunity planning and execution, Tactical Map Hothouse process and execution, Boost and P360 support, Strategic advisor, cross functional teaming within region, facilitation resource, support in development and execution of OR’s, work on segment focus supporting Verizon World Account (VWA) A-end & B-end accounts, NexGen VWA, vertical initiatives, Global Solution programs (e.g. Ninja) , GSS and PS programs eg margin improvement, L&D planning and programs
While focused on supporting the AVP franchise, this position, will also carry some regional responsibilities in managing specific APAC wide regional initiatives as directed by the RSAD and in line with the AVP.
RSAD activities and program may include but are not limited to include:
• Agree AVP specific focus, Cultural Transformation, Strategic Direction , focused regional Projects , Programs, Improving Sales Professionalism, Sales Efficiency and Sales Reporting, ensure Cross Functional alignment and support for sales inc Human Resources, L&D, Global and Professional Services, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations, Finance, legal and Sales Engineering, development and facilitation of Regional Workshops, VWA Program (and any other segment initiatives), Sales Support adoption and consistency, implementation of SaaS operational reporting, working closely with the AVP business analyst, other items of priority that are agreed with AVP’s.
• Act as an agent of change in understanding, developing and executing strategic cultural behavioral change programs aligned with the global direction required for success across the business unit.
• Act as an agent of change in understanding and advocating the strategic selling doctrine and global team’s direction required for success in the region with specific segment focus and major regional initiatives and investments..
• Own the sub-region development and execution of specific initiatives using the “5 Levers” as the single Sales Productivity framework for improving APAC sales performance.
Namely GTM, Solutions to who with Whom, Tools and Processes, Performance management inc Coaching and mentoring, and finally internal and cross functional Teamwork.
• Provide an interface to the Boost 2013, 360 and any other global initiatives as required.
• Drive the AVP’s Sales Management team to develop and execute Territory and Account plans and opportunity plans for targeted customers.
• Assist sales teams with planning and executing global and cross-regional engagement strategies; executing and encouraging pro-active B end engagement.
• Working with sales management and the APAC leadership team identify opportunities for training, learning and development, and assist in communicating these needs to relevant stakeholders (Sales management, HR, Learning and Development team)
• Assist sales management in the creation of virtual sales engagement teams (sales, solution group, sales engineering etc) and provide necessary resources to assist in the management of these.
• Track and analyze AVP specific pipeline and revenue reporting for the region, ensuring that growth and sales objectives are in line with overall business objectives including the use of OVI and SAS reporting to achieve.
• Be a primary point of contact for Sub-regional activities like Operation Review, facilitating planning workshops and cross-functional engagements
• Assist AVP with hiring of Sales staff and teams as required.
• Act as an advocate and champion of SFDC as the tool for customer satisfaction, marketing programs, forecasting and sales analysis and ensure that segment reporting is accurate and timely.
• Work with AVP and their retail sales organizations to identify opportunities for process refinement and work flow improvement. Additionally, they will proactively seek improvements in the overall program development, and will take ownership of the implementation of these improvements as required.
• Any other items the GVP considers relevant to the success of our business and the people in the region with particular focus on Strategic advanced services sales and progress.
• Identify and drive opportunities for developing the Verizon Values within the AVP’s organization.
• Interface with the RSAD to introduce regional strategies and initiatives to the respective AVP.
• Demonstrated track record of success in strategic account planning.
• In depth understanding of “Solution Selling” methodology and its application to MNC type customers.
• Ability to act as an advocate for change, and key influencer to the Account Management teams.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build support at a Senior sales management level and to ensure execution at an individual QBR level.
• Demonstrated track record of success in building and managing virtual (A and B end) sales teams, with measurable quantitative results in the increase of revenue.
• Strong understanding of effective sales and pipeline reporting and the ability to lead by example in the use and execution of Siebel.
• Strong analytical skills with specific focus on sales, pipeline and forecast analysis would be an advantage.
• Experience in working in a change management / program management capacity, specific to sales organizations would be a strong asset.
Connect to our world at www.verizon.com/jobs
At Verizon, we’re transforming the business world and changing the way people communicate and experience entertainment. We are a global IP network solutions company and an emerging leader in cloud technologies. If you have talent, drive and ingenuity, you’ll be given free rein to develop innovative solutions that will forever change global communications, entertainment and enterprise IT. And you’ll be backed all the way with innovative technology and training, a diverse culture and challenging career opportunities. When the future has no boundaries, the possibilities are limitless.