Governance Manager, Professional Services (GCIS)
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
Purpose: This position serves as a strategic business partner for the Verizon GCIS team in a key role responsible for the reporting and analyzing of business and financial information, and auditing of key and compensating controls that support the organization. These activities should directly reflect in maximizing revenue / cost reduction for the GCIS team.
You will manage the resources, processes, and infrastructure/systems in the following specific areas:
• Reporting – manages the mapping and determine of both business and financial reporting to support the GCIS business and leadership team. This is to be done in conjunction with the relevant Finance teams.
• Governance – Work with appropriate teams and individuals to implement a GCIS Governance framework, including regular testing of key and compensating controls showing clear maximization of revenue and reduction of costs for GCIS. Works with Internal Controls and Internal Audit during any Internal Audit activities.
• Business Performance Analysis – Able to show return on investment for Governance and Process activities through statistics and other reporting methodology. Able to use this analysis to provide enterprise decision management.
Essential Process and Governance Management Functions:
• Maintain the GCIS Governance Framework, including testing conducted and the results of each test
• Maintain and analyse statistics associated with audit findings to understand trends or training that needs to be implemented
• Preparation of executive presentation packs for GCIS
• Analyse and provide recommendations for financial plans, operating forecasts, capital and investment requirements, budgets etc
• Analyse GCIS profitability and provide recommendations
Essential PS Business Operations Functions:
• Ownership of backend systems required to manage reporting and governance activities including SharePoint or GCIS wiki site
• Owns and manages GCIS Governance Framework and testing regime
• Owns and distributes regular governance and statistical reporting
• Works closely with GCIS Managers and SME to undertake Reporting, Analyst and Governance functions
• Works closely with Finance to report on financial success of Governance testing
• Prepares planning and analysis around team performance aligned with organizational goals
• Works closely with HR and GCIS Management to institute and enforce company-wide policies
• Works closely with HR and GCIS Management to attract and retain top talent
• Works closely with Finance to report on financial success of organization
• Works closely with Finance to institute and enforce company-wide limitations/restrictions
• Middle to upper management experience which should include financial reporting, forecasting, team management, development and delivering of executive level briefings and providing strategic financial and business guidance for executive level decision-making.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team management, coordination and management of financial and operational metrics and reporting, financial and business analysis, development and delivery of strategic and financial advice.
- Ability to outline and implement a governance / audit program including basic audit testing.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, handling ambiguity, good negotiation skills, is able to determine both strategic and tactical activities and their implementation.
• Build extensive internal networks.
• Experience working in Professional Services and Information / Communication / Technology (ICT) environments preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent strongly preferred.