Solution Enterprise Architect
This job posting is no longer active
- Hong Kong, - Hong Kong
- Sales - Full-Time
- Job #
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we are looking for an outstanding Solution Enterprise Architect with in-depth infrastructure knowledge – to serves as the technical expert in architecture, solutions development, and governance across various Verizon services and customer functional towers. Based in Hong Kong, you will have the chance to work with some of the biggest enterprise clients.
You have a primary focus on complex managed and outsourced solutions.; engages directly with customers’ senior level IT and business executives. You will provide expertise on sales engineering, technical and business process expertise across the entire global solutions portfolio. Accountable for and provides functional leadership to stages 1, 2, and 3 of the Deal Lifecycle Management process.
Verizon Solutions: http://www.verizonenterprise.com/hk/solutions/
• Review and analyze current partner technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic corporate objectives.
• Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology infrastructure with corporate objectives.
• Support development of business drivers, business case and high level technical program implementation plan(s).
• Translate customer business issues and opportunities into technical solutions and business requirements.
• Develop conceptual solution architecture using combination of Verizon standard products and partner suppliers to produce end-to-end customer solutions.
• Build and communicate the value proposition of the end-to-end solution to the client executive, Verizon account team and customer executive leadership team.
• Support Client Partner and Account Team throughout the sales process
• Partner with specific Solution Specialists, Technical Pre-sales Designers, Product Marketing and Strategy specialists to identify and collect detailed technical requirements.
• Partner with Bid Management and Solutions Development organizations to build detailed RFP responses.
• Coordinate efforts across Service organizations and Program Management Office to ensure overall integrity and consistency of proposed solutions.
• Work with the account teams as the lead subject matter expert to develop solutions and recommend Verizon services to meet customer’s business requirements
• Possess strong presentation skills, with the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations with customers and to tailor content to audience as appropriate – to include ROI/TCO understanding
• Share knowledge and experience to enhance the technical capabilities of peers and build prospective opportunities
• Possess solid understanding of the competitive landscape and ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition of Verizon solutions
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field.
• Ten or more years of computer infrastructure experience.
• Five or more years in customer facing positions (Sales, Sales Engineering, Professional Services Consulting).
• Five or more years implementing complex systems on multiple platforms in a distributed network, data center and storage.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and systems integration environments.
• Advanced knowledge in multiple technology areas such as Network, Server, Data Center, Application Development, Storage and Security, including operating systems, security controls and audit response, and Systems Development Life Cycle processes in Windows and UNIX environment.
Demonstrates a balance of technical knowledge, strategic capabilities, career experiences and competencies. Practices and delivers values-based behaviors, attitudes, and results.
Demonstrable experience in the conceptualization, definition and development of IT and or telecom based products and service with verifiable instances of implementing one or more of the following:
• Professional certifications may include: ITILv3, Cisco CCIE (R&S, Security & Voice), Avaya Solution Expert, Nortel Expert level certifications (NCA, NCDE, NCSE), Juniper Expert level certification (JNCIP-M), MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Enterprise), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), CISSP, VMWare, Nokia, NEC, Hitachi Data Systems and or EMC.
• This position requires excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment and explain complex system solutions to customers. Effective written communication skills are a minimum. A highly motivated, self-starter is absolutely required. This position also requires experience in technical sales or service to Fortune 1000 companies and successful project delivery in a Fortune 1000 company.
• Outsourcing global solution development and delivery.
• Service management architecture design and operations.
• Costing / Pricing and business case development.
• Validation of end-to-end solutions which minimized the operational and financial risks of their clients.
• Contribution to contract negotiations and participation in due diligence activities.
• Collaboration with transition teams and IT transformation / transition activities.
• Prior working knowledge of Verizon’s technology pillars; 1) Network, Communications, Mobility, 2) Security and Global Assurance, 3) IT Solutions, Virtualization and Integration, 4) Management Consulting (PMO, PMI, ITIL, etc) is a major plus.
• Solid experience deploying and implementing enterprise systems both as a technology leader and in a Project Management / Program Management Leadership role is a major plus.
Connect to our world at www.verizon.com/jobs
At Verizon, we’re transforming the business world and changing the way people communicate and experience entertainment. We are a global IP network solutions company and an emerging leader in cloud technologies. If you have talent, drive and ingenuity, you’ll be given free rein to develop innovative solutions that will forever change global communications, entertainment and enterprise IT. And you’ll be backed all the way with innovative technology and training, a diverse culture and challenging career opportunities. When the future has no boundaries, the possibilities are limitless.