Accounts Payable Professional
This job posting is no longer active
- Tulsa, OK - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job #
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence in Tulsa, OK. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position is responsible for supporting daily Accounts Payable processes including but not limited to Corporate Card escalation resolution, providing support for Global Corporate Card Management, act as liaison with Corporate Card vendor, lead and manage projects and system implementations involving Corporate Cards. As required, manage large transfers of cards between multiple business units, monitor and coordinate updates to policies and procedures on multiple websites, perform analytical audits on Corporate Card accounts including full account reconciliations to resolve discrepancies. Coordinate software implementation projects including but not limited to project structure, testing plan, key milestones, training plan and communication plan. Responsible for understanding the system/application functionality and data, looked to as the system expert. Evaluate and recommend changes to Accounts Payable policies and procedures to streamline processes and enhance automation. Work closely with Accounts Payable management/staff and other Finance departments in support of time bound processes.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Preffered Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline
- 4 + years accounts payable and/or general ledger experience preferred
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of end to end financial processes
- Possess knowledge of Accounts Payable practices, policies and procedures
- Proven functional and analytical skills, and has ability to analyze problems, develop solutions, and make decision that impact functional designs
- Demonstrate ability to multitask in an environment of competing priorities
- Ability to ensure timely delivery and expected functionality of project initiatives
- Assist in managing customer’s expectations and perceptions relative to defined deliverables
- Ability to consider the “big picture” when evaluating alternatives
- Be comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Act as overall Corporate Card “Subject Matter Expert”
- Integrated ERP systems experience, preferably SAP and PeopleSoft
- Act as functional single point of contact for Corporate Card project and process enhancements
- Coordinate, document, communicate, and test system and process updates
- Advanced analytical, query and reconciliation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner and self starter who has the ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Accustomed to working with deadlines
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Excellent Excel, Word, and 10-key skills
- Fundamental Access skills
- Demonstrated experience serving internal and external customers/suppliers
- Fundamental knowledge of desktop software packages designated as necessary to do the job
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to new procedures and systems
- Familiarity with quality tools and principles
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.