Supervisor Accounts Payable
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence in Tulsa, OK. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising employees within Accounts Payable. The position interacts with internal customers and external suppliers, understands and monitors internal controls, and communicates and interacts efficiently in a team environment. This position works closely with AP management, staff and other Finance departments in support of time bound processes. Oversees vendor set up and maintenance, and 1099 processing in accordance with IRS requirements. Ability to lead and manage projects as required including but not limited to system testing and implementation. Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices and procedures with department, managers, vendors and internal customers to ensure compliance. Supervises, coaches and provides direction to subordinates in support of daily/monthly functions.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to supervise in a high volume, fast paced changing environment
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage, coach and allocate resources as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Accustomed to working with deadlines
- Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Excellent Excel, Word, and 10-key skills
- Proven analytical skills, with the ability to analyze problems, develop solutions and make decisions that impact business processes.
- Experience managing multiple projects through full life cycle
- Technical understanding of ERP systems
- Strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable systems, preferably SAP and PeopleSoft
- Strong working knowledge of account reconciliation’s and auditing for internal controls
- Demonstrated experience serving internal and external customers/suppliers
- Willingness to go above and beyond expectations to meet time bound deliverables
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years accounts payable experience
- One or more years supervisory experience preferred
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to adapt easily to new procedures, policies and systems
- Familiarity with quality tools and principles
- Fundamental knowledge of software packages designated as necessary to do the job
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.