Network Construction Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
The Engineer - Construction contributes to the Implementation of tower related construction activities pertaining to the development of multiple, simultaneous network infrastructure projects. These projects include, but not limited to, tower modifications, LTE optimization, AWS installation, and TMA installations.
Shares financial responsibility of all projects from bid process through final payment reconciliation by preparing bid packages for solicitation of pricing, evaluating and awarding work, preparing necessary work authorization forms and purchase orders, reviewing work and processing of payments, and verifying with Accounts Payable that payments have been made. Practices Core Values by creating and evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies; creating process improvements; securing assets; and being accountable for vendor payments. Develops quality assurance methods, procedures, standards and technical training related to site design and construction. Develop the skills and ability to represent the company at municipal hearings if needed in support of the Real Estate group.
Heavy emphasis on Project planning and directing implementation of existing Cell Sites in Michigan including CDMA and LTE equipment installation and upgrades, TMA installation, AWS installation, antenna upgrades and optimization.
- Coordinates with diverse project teams consisting of Transport Engineering, RF Engineering, RF Operations, Switch Operations, Switch Engineering, Construction Engineering, General Contractors, Equipment suppliers, other internal and external resources through the entire lifecycle of a project from initial site design/concept planning to project completion and closeout
- Communication through regular meetings to review status, gather updates and reporting results for Quarterly Reviews, Plan of Record meetings and project updates to Area and HQ.
- Financial Management – Provides financial management of all projects from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service; funding projects; processing purchase orders; reviewing work; and ensuring payment and final balance in purchasing software.
- Assists in the development of associated capital budget.
- Track capital spending targets, capital receiving targets, process purchase orders, and ensure CIP meets 25% KPI target.
- Practice Core Values by evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies and creating process improvements.
- Engineering and Operations Support - Coordinates with other departments to assist with antenna, TMA, or fiber issues that result in performance issues..
- Provides expertise to the Michigan region related to design, construction and Cell site building compliance.
- Knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies including Cell site Infrastructure
Cell Site Construction
XNG work flow
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience required
• 3 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
• Construction management skills including: implementation, and project management
• DC distribution systems
• Telecom experience relating to: Fiber, dark fiber and Microwave Ethernet backhaul
• Operating systems and applications including: Windows, MS Office
• Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
• Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Perform job duties with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals
• Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes)
• Leadership skills - commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
• Flexible by attempting alternate solutions to resolve issues, and seamlessly adjusting to a dynamic, changing business environment
• Superior organizational and project planning skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; listen attentively; integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
• Work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed
• Overnight travel required
• Valid Driver’s license required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.