Senior Analyst- Fixed Assets Accounting
This job posting is no longer active
- Lake Mary, FL - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job #
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position supports the Fixed Asset Accounting function. The position reports to the Manager Fixed Asset Accounting. Majority of the responsibilities will be to assist the manager with the monthly close process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the recording of fixed asset accounting records which could include lease accounting, property, plant and equipment, software or labor.
- Reviews and/or prepares transactions for entry, posts entries upon approval, collects and evaluates data, conducts analysis, and prepares reports.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Reports inconsistencies to higher level associates.
- Maintains records of routine accounting transactions.
- Assists in reviews for accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Overall responsibility for comparing accounting system outputs with daily input verifying for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares account reconciliations of fixed asset accounts.
- Working under moderate supervision, this position performs simple to relatively complex analytical assignments
- Prepares accounting related reports as an individual contributor, sometimes working in small teams.
- Support the company’s efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assists in analyzing financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the recording of financial transactions.
- Interprets and communicates financial reports and results for managers.
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects of varying complexity.
- Maintains data integrity.
o BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
o 4+ years of directly related professional experience
o Employees/Candidates with professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) or in process of achieving certification
o Experience in the preparation of General Ledgers, Fixed Assets Accounting, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
o Working knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, and Blackline
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel; attention to detail; strong written and oral communications skills.
o Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
o Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.