At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
The IT Auditor is responsible for development and execution of technology-based audits and general computer and application control reviews during complex business process reviews. Additional responsibilities include:
· Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and network technologies
· Develops an in-depth understanding of the function to be audited, and uses business knowledge, analytical skills and experience in identifying IT control risks to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
· Designs and executes appropriate tests to verify the effectiveness of existing IT controls
· Consolidates issues for management level review; develops clear and concise written recommendations, which require minimal editing; presents recommendations and resolves issues with management
· Actively participates in the completion of department initiatives to support the development of a best-in-class Internal Audit function.
· May supervise routine projects and audits
· Completes special projects as required
· Ability to travel 20 - 35%
· Geographic mobility
• BS/BA degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent work experience. At least a 3.0/4.0 overall GPA or equivalent
• Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: (a) IT operations or application reviews; (b) network operations or security audits; (c) SSAE16 or PCI compliance engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
• Minimum of 2 years IT auditing work experience and/or 3 - 4 years work experience in any of the following:
• Security administration or system administration of UNIX, Linux or Windows platforms
• IT Architect
• Network security or network management and administration
• Network operation center or network support experience
• SAP and/or PeopleSoft technical support knowledge
• Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal skills; excels in a team environment
• Demonstrated creative and innovative solutions to strategic business issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on various projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in PC skills (preferably with the Microsoft Office suite of products)
• Demonstrated knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, midrange platforms, personal computers, system development, client/server architecture, and Microsoft software products preferred.
• Experience with any of the following products or tools: ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, , or Hyperion
• IT audit experience in a Public Accounting firm strongly preferred
• IT development certifications (e.g. Java, .Net, Oracle)
• Network administration certifications (e.g. CCNA, etc)
• CISA or CISSP strongly preferred
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.