IT Engagement Manager
This job posting is no longer active
- Atlanta, GA - United States
- Information Technology - Full-Time
- Job # 340510
This job posting is no longer active
The Business Engagement Manager within the Information Technology Organization is responsible for partnering with Business Unit Leadership to drive the creation of a strategic vision for a business unit utilizing creative business and IT solutions that enable Verizon Telematics to achieve its business objectives. This role is responsible for relationship and account management between IT and the business. This includes IT Financial reviews, IT service and IT operational reviews. The BE Manager will collaborate with the business unit on program prioritization in line with the business and IT strategy and roadmap, as well as leadership review of the state of these programs.
Partner with senior business leaders including Business Unit Leadership and their teams to deeply understand strategic and tactical business objectives.
Work with IT Leadership to create and implement business strategies that leverage and integrate IT strategy of architecture, infrastructure, and application development of existing and new technology to achieve business objectives.
Needs Analysis \ Assessment:
Work with business clients to define current and desired future state operating models and business capability roadmaps.
Work with the business to define business value associated with desired IT project. Define quantifiable and qualitative measurements of success.
Lead development of financial models indicating the investment required and estimated benefits.
Advocate and lead business process focus. Align business unit and corporate needs and the impact on business processes to establish strategic priorities.
Define requirements required to achieve business objectives.
Initiate improvement project/initiative based on defined requirements and business value proposition.
Support new commercial activities that leverage IT services to our customers.
Represent business needs in the identification and prioritization of IT performance improvement opportunities.
Authors Charters for proposed projects.
Through participation in Governance committees, ensure overall execution of the project portfolios and capability roadmap realization, and measure the quality and business value of IT investments to ensure customer satisfaction.
Point of escalation in the event services are not meeting expected outcomes.
Establish and maintain effective communication and engagement with appropriate executives and managers to ensure that proper information technology needs are met including the management of client expectations.
Lead execution of IT Business Governance Structure for the assigned units.
Leverage reference infrastructure (core services) when planning features and functions for a new customer
An OEM customer will want to provide standard Telematics features and functions (i.e. remote door unlock). However, each OEM wants a feature richness to differentiate their products from other OEM competitors. The Engagement Manager will need to identify the similarities in each function (throughout the infrastructure) to establish reuse and limit over-customizing solutions for each OEM. Customization lengthens time to market, increases project risk, and requires more testing and support. Understanding the referential architecture and making smart decisions on reuse can save $millions in investment and support over the course of a program.
Knowing how to build a service for generic use is crucial in the engagement process. OEM hardware plans are often determined on the nature of the communication process with the VZT back-office. The Engagement Manager will need to understand the "best-use" of the infrastructure performance and configuration in order to keep the interfaces and new features generic in nature. Then, future solutions may reuse the infrastructure and limit time to market. A quality design will enable reuse and reduce testing and support issues over the life of the program.
Rough Order of Magnitude Estimation (ROM). The Business Engagement Manager will need to be able to work with key member of the IT and Business teams to accurately (within +125%/-50%) when providing insight on a high-level scope of a business opportunity. Because the scoping of the effort is at a high-level, the entire process for ROM should take < 3 business days to complete
The Engagement Manager will need to provide a recommendations of solutioning that meet the business requirement and align with the current reference architecture vision.
The Engagement Manager will need to work with key IT leads to rapidly assess the time necessary to complete the necessary steps in the SDLC process to successfully complete the recommended solution.
The Business Engagement Manager will provide/exhibit the folllowing skills/experience:
Experience: 10+ years of related IT and/ or consulting experience managing complex IT projects in medium to large size matrix corporate environments. Strong consultative/client facing skills required; business development background a plus.
• Technology: broad understanding of Information Technology platforms and processes including demonstrated knowledge of Telematics solution.
• Strategic Management: proven ability to develop and communicate an IT strategy incorporating multiple methods of documenting and presenting strategy to the supporting business.
• Financial Management: understands and has prepared quantitative business cases (cost & benefits) supporting IT initiatives including what-if scenarios, probabilistic confidence levels, and risk analysis. Experience preparing and presenting quantitative business cases (i.e. cost and benefits analysis) supporting IT initiatives a plus.
• Business Acumen: possesses a refined and mature ability to work with and understand business needs via conversation and interaction with all levels within the company including:
• Strong analytical and quantitative competencies.
• Gathers and analyzes relevant information systematically.
• Understands complex concepts and the relationships between issues or problems.
• Possesses intellectual agility; readily accepts the challenges of unfamiliar tasks.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information. Expresses ideas in a concise and organized manner.
• Is customer-oriented; focused; a team player; detailed; flexible; assertive; persuasive; high initiative/energy; enthusiastic; tenacious; accountable; high integrity; and inspires others to follow.
• Actively pursues growth and developmental opportunities; continuously finds ways to improve.
• Business Process and Systems Analysis: proven skills at performing business problem analysis, process modeling and mapping, workflow analysis, use cases, blue printing, system design methods, and other useful techniques aimed at business understanding.
• Results Orientation: strong bias for action and the achievement of tangible results.
• Continuous Improvement: demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions to improve business performance.
• Team: has effectively led global teams to deliver results. Ability to plan, organize, build, facilitate, mold and motivate individuals into teams that execute is required. Strong analytical skills
Proven ability to work with business and IT organizations to define/meet quality expectations, aligned to the Business and IT vision
Experience working with multiple, simultaneous, large programs with fixed delivery dates
Experience/understanding of working within SDLC and ITIL frameworks
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.