This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
The purpose of the Incident Manager is to establish and manage processes to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the adverse impact on business operations, ensuring that agreed levels of service quality are maintained. Incident Manager works independently to coordinate, facilitate, and lead the restoration of service for major and non-major Incidents. Responsible for resolution of operating issues and major outages, including failures and service level degradation. Assists in the preparation and distribute incident notifications as well as end of impact, incident summaries and root cause analysis documentation. Works with other teams using ITIL standards to create and maintain Incident Management Process. Works with team to create and track metrics on incident management while producing metrics, trending and reporting.
The Incident Manager provides leadership, guidance & service support during events/incidents. The Incident Manager will be forming, leading, directing, coordinating support teams and debriefing senior management following predefined policies, procedures, status updates and post incident reports.
The Incident Manager must be autonomous and requires little supervision escecially when handling incidents. The Incident manager must also be able to direct a cross functional team to expedite the restoration of services.
Incident Manager ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt response, analysis, documentation, ongoing management and reporting of incidents
Coordinates and leads service restoration process across multiple business and IT functions and oversees the Incident management process. ~ 20%
Develops and maintains the Incident management process including documenting process and procedures using ITIL standards. ~ 20%
Assists the Critical Escalation Management team to write, validate and distribute any required communication that sent to executive leadership, IT management, customers and lines of business as well as communications to external customers. 20%
Interfaces with Internal and external clients as well as vendors on an as needed basis to discuss problem assessment and to facilitate the coordination of client and Vantiv resources to resolve the problem and minimize the impact. 20%
Monitors the effectiveness of the Incident Management process and makes recommendations for on-going improvements.Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management process. 20%
• Ability to direct and manage the incident coordinators and incident coordination process, SLA oversight, adherence and reporting
• Ability to increase visibility and communication of incidents to business and IT support staff
• Ability to enhance business perception of IT through use of a professional approach in quickly resolving and communicating incidents when they occur
• Ability to solicit information from business units and support teams to better manage 'Known Errors' and recurring incidents
• Ability to reduce average resolution time by increasing percentage of incidents solved by the Operations Support team
• Good knowledge of general IT concepts (applications, servers, networks, databases)
• Ability to work in a virtual team environment across time zones
• Ability to work in dynamic environment with changing priorities
• High energy, innovative individual who is motivated by challenging assignments
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, oral, and written
• Effective at managing multiple issues with conflicting priorities under tight deadlines High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers
• Ability to organize resources across different teams to drive resolution of system critical issues
• Ability to work well within a team to learn and share knowledge by applying processes ensuring that resolutions are documented in the Knowledge Management database.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of technical personnel responsible for operational management
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with little to no forewarning
• Demonstrated ability to react quickly, lead and perform exceptionally during critical/catastrophic events
ITIL Foundation Certification or higher
Equal Employment Opportunity
Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet