Verizon’s OnCue Voice technologies team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help implement best in class ASR/NLU solutions for improving the TV watching experience. An ideal candidate will be an expert in integrating and maintaining an industry leading ASR engine and updating acoustic/language models to improve accuracy.
- Evaluate and integrate commercial and in-house ASR packages.
- Improve speech recognition rates by developing and adapting optimal acoustic models for the various living room environments.
- Develop and tune large vocabulary statistical language models for speech recognition for the media vertical.
- Design and implement various scripts on Linux to analyze large data sets.
- Automated Speech Recognition - Integration (ASR Integration)
- NLU Solutions
- 5+ years of industry experiencing with a proven track record of delivering at least one ASR solution.
- BS in Computer Engineering, MS preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of ASR components like Language/Acoustic model training and search algorithms.
- Experience in development and testing of distributed software projects.
- Familiar with some version control and bug tracking tools.
- Familiarity with speech recognition theory and experience productizing at least one commercial or open-source ASR engine.
- Proficient in Matlab simulations and C programming.
- Proficient in scripting and data-analysis.
- Understanding of the hidden Markov model and standard criteria for training and adaptation (e.g. MCE, MMI, MAP).
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.