Verizon’s OnCue Voice technologies team is looking for a Speech Scientist to help develop best in class ASR/NLU solutions for improving the TV watching experience. An ideal candidate will be an expert in Speech recognition techniques, machine learning and natural language understanding concepts.
- Research innovative approaches to ASR that can handle noisy and reverberant rooms.
- Simulate new research ideas in Matlab and work with the ASR integration team in validating performance improvements.
- Recommend and come up with comprehensive data sets for optimal acoustic and language model development.
- Take a lead role in improving the ASR performance for various user profiles and varying room conditions.
- Acoustic model: Understanding of the hidden Markov model and standard criteria for training and adaptation (e.g. MCE, MMI, MAP).
- Detailed knowledge of Language/Acoustic model training and search algorithms.
- Familiar with version control and bug tracking tools.
- Knowledge of acoustic modeling, language modeling, statistical modeling, robust front-end processing.
- Language model: Knowledge of smoothing techniques for N-grams and model regularization. Develop novel methods for enhancing performance geared towards specific NLP tasks (e.g. Noun phrase detection).
- Proficient in Matlab simulations.
- Search Algorithms: A fundamental understanding of commonly used algorithms such as Viterbi decoding and language model rescoring. Develop and research approaches for combining multiple ASR systems to boost overall recognition accuracies.
- 2+ years of industry experiencing with a proven track record of delivering at least one ASR solution.
- Signal processing: Familiarity with standard acoustic features (e.g. MFCC, PLP) and transformations (e.g. LDA). Develop feature spaces that are discriminative, robust to noise, and speaker-adaptive.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: MS in Electrical Engineering, PhD preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.