OnCue Validation Manager
- Santa Clara, CA - United States
- Research - Full-Time
- Job # 346691
Verizon’s OnCue Hardware Engineering team is looking for an experienced, well-qualified manager to lead the electrical and system validation team. The group seeks to liberate access to digital media, by delighting consumers with beautifully-crafted products and putting the consumer in control of their media. Verizon OnCue is looking for creative, entrepreneurial individuals, who have a passion for delivering products that redefine how media is consumed in the world today.
This position will work with cross-functional teams, including Electrical Engineering, Thermal / Mechanical Engineering, Marketing, Software Development, Software Validation, and Release Engineering to develop printed circuit board and system test strategies. From this, the position will oversee the test plan development and execution to verify the product meets product specifications. The group’s test strategy includes platform validation through use case testing and some software validation of low level drivers and firmware developed by the group. The Validation team is also an integral part of the system power-on and debug efforts, often driving root cause analysis and resolution of hardware issues as they occur. Validation focuses on designs using either an Android or Linux operating system, and includes PCI-Express, DDR3, Serial ATA, USB, HDMI, RF, analog, and mixed signal circuits.
Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
7+ years of experience leading or managing consumer-electronic product printed circuit board electrical and system validation teams
- Relevant exposure to standard PC architecture / interfaces including DDR3, PCI-e, USB, and others
- Relevant exposure to platform level testing in Linux and Android operating system environments
- Experience leading debug activities
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with design, software, manufacturing, applications engineering, technical marketing, and customers
- Ability to work independently
- Proven track record of customer orientation
Equal Employment Opportunity