Internal Audit is a positive force at Verizon. We are independent, objective experts who take a systematic and disciplined approach in reviewing and evaluating the Company's controls, processes and systems.
We collaborate with the business to identify areas of risk and operational efficiencies. We aim to strengthen controls, improve risk management and provide solutions to senior management. Our responsibility is to assist the business in meeting its objectives and at the same time ensure that Verizon's controls protect our shareholders, customers and employees.
The Internal Audit staff gains extensive exposure to diverse aspects of Verizon's business. These audit assignments include increasing levels of responsibilities and presentations to senior management, making Internal Audit an excellent place to work for high-potential employees.
- Design and execute financial and operational audit programs to address high risk areas.
- Assess operations and the control environment to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings and make practical recommendations to senior management.
- Prepare written audit reports to document findings and recommendations.
- Serve as a leader within the business, to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Communicate with and educate process owners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment and the role of Internal Audit.
- BA/BS degree (Finance, Accounting or Business preferred)
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- 2-4 years of public accounting or relevant experience
- Certification or pursuing one (MBA/CPA/CIA/CFE)
- Leadership skills (effective project management skills - set objectives, drive results and be a team player)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments
- Effective critical thinking skills
- Writing clear, concise reports for use by key stakeholders
- Working with management to develop solutions for any issues identified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.