IT Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active
- Piscataway, NJ - United States
- Project/Program Management - Full-Time
- Job #
This job posting is no longer active
IT Transformation is a program designed to drive innovation, simplification, and collaboration, enabling IT to be more flexible and better adapt to our dynamic business climate. IT Transformation was formalized in 2010 into cross-functional IT teams executing on strategic initiatives across the enterprise. This support role is critical to management and execution of the strategic roadmap, making IT better aligned with the business.
Primary responsibilities include: Providing Project management and advisory services for IT Transformation Areas of Focus. Taking an active leadership role in providing oversight of the Transformation Initiatives, working with the TI leadership team ensuring 2014 objectives are met. Playing a critical role in the planning, leading and execution of the ongoing strategy , roadmap development and director meetings/checkpoints. Also key role in guiding teams in the development and guidance on Metrics and Return on Investments deliverables. Partner with the IT leadership team to ensure TI Initiatives, and objectives are defined and met. Guide the TI leadership team through the process to identify the annual objectives and roadmap. Execution on overall progress relative to the IT Transformation roadmap; attending initiatives and project meetings, and facilitating communication of progress to entire IT team through presentations, videos, intranet posts, and any other available channels.
Providing Program/Project Management for IT Transformation Areas of Focus and Initiatives.
• Three - five years Project management across multiple disciplines (business, technology, employee engagement, communications)
• Solid understanding of key IT operational areas - specifically Customer Intelligence, Big Data Integration, Analytics (Three years +)
o Infrastructure, applications, development, testing, support
• Able to lead amd influence teams in their creation and reporting of metrics & ROI
• Proponent of and skilled in leadership dynamics and agile methodology
o Holds respect of the leadership team
o Ability to understand, challenge and influence the thinking of IT leaders and peers
o Attention to the nuances of high quality work session designs
• Understanding of and respect for other business areas
o Communications / Engagement
o Business partner relationships
• Ability to team well
Communications Strategy: Develop broad communications and engagement plan to include website development, Yammer, ongoing AoF videos, other additional elements for learning and engagement
Deliverables and Requirements for Communications Strategy:
• communications and engagement roadmap
• Plan for leveraging Yammer for IT Transformation
• Content calendar for TI and AoF leads and manage follow through
• Produce select, designed communications pieces
• Production work as needed
Collaboration tools: As key stakeholder of the IT Transformation Blog, manage structure and administration of users, and work with Transformation teams to ensure steady flow of content. Drive collaboration through IT Transformation and IT GRC blogs, Yammer, and other Virtual opportunities. Take an active leadership role in the ongoing maturity of the blog leveraging collaboration tools, driving traffic to the site, and ensuring content remains relevant and current. Work with the TI leads to develop a content schedule for posting material relevant for each Area of Focus to IT Transformation Central. Continue to develop communication strategy for IT Transformation, incorporating all of IT where necessary. Produce video content for the Transformation blog.
Work with IT Governance and IT GRC team members developing, documenting and deploying new policies, processes and reporting to provide greater visibility and transparency into IT productivity and financials. Also, as key stakeholder of IT GRC Blog, manage structure and administration of users, and work with IT GRC teams to ensure steady flow of content.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, and typically requires moderate supervision on new tasks only. This individual will also be expected to analyze problems, review and assess business cases relating to IT transformation. Extensive experience with PowerPoint is essential. Attention to detail with all communications and exercises is required. An understanding of social media tools (blogs, wikis, yammer) and media development tools (Photoshop, iMovie, video production hardware and software) is required. Other requirements include: Prior work at a systems integrator or IT consulting firm
• Three years + of Program or project management
• Position that required strong, executive level communications (written and verbal) skills and the need to align and influence the thinking and commitments of others
• Work across IT, business analysis/requirements, business process, IT finance
• Working knowledge of Metrics, ROI, and KPIs
Equal Employment Opportunity