Verizon’s OnCue Voice technologies team is looking for a Natural Language Processing Integration expert to help integrate best in class ASR/NLU solutions for improving the TV watching experience. An ideal candidate will be an expert in integrating and maintaining an industry leading NLU engine and data collection and analysis for improving the NLU engine for the Media Search domain.
- Integrate commercial NLU solutions to help generate smart responses for the media search platform.
- Collect and analyze usage on media queries to improve the NLU performance.
- Come up with the NLU architecture for optimal data flows between Verizon cloud and vendors’ cloud.
- Design and implement various scripts on Linux to collect and analyze large data sets.
- Help in areas of web-service development related to the voice service.
- Help in generating and tuning large vocabulary statistical language models that are best suited for a media search experience.
- 5+ years of industry experiencing with a proven track record of developing or integration at least one NLU solution.
- Experience working with natural language toolkits such as NLTK, OpenNLP, Stanford NLP Group.
- Expert in at least 2 of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, C/C++
- Familiar with some version control and bug tracking tools.
- Knowledge of syntax trees, dependency graphs, word-sense disambiguation and named entity recognition.
- Proficient in scripting and data-analysis & MTS
- Proficient in string search and match algorithms and implementation.
- Minimum educational qualifications: BS in Computer Engineering, MS preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.