Senior Sales Engineer
- Plymouth, MN - United States
- Sales - Full-Time
- Job # 350741
Serve as the technical design and architectural expert across Verizon's IT solutions portfolio. This role encompasses the continuum of participating in setting specific customer strategies and executing the defined strategies within a sales environment. Qualified candidates will possess multiple years of experience in the computing/information technology industry in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on data center technologies and architectures including cloud, server, storage, applications and security.
• BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years in customer facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting) or 5+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and or application based solutions and services with verifiable instances of architecting at the Bill of Materials (BOM) level one or more of the following:
o Server Infrastructure: HP, Cisco Unified Computing Platforms, Dell, IBM server infrastructure (computing, memory and disk space)
o Storage Area Networking (SAN) infrastructure: NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, Fujitsu, Brocade, etc
o Other Data Center Infrastructure: Cisco Nexxus, Juniper high-end data center LAN switches, Cisco/F5 load balancers, Power and cooling and Security infrastructure
o Data Center software platforms: VMWare (virtualization), Citrix (virtual desktop infrastructure), Microsoft Server, Unix, Linux
o eCommerce platforms: ATG or IBM
o Managed Messaging platforms: Microsoft Exchange, OCS/Lync, IBM Lotus Notes, Domino, Sametime, RIM BES, etc.
o ERP platforms: SAP, J.D. Edwards, etc.
o CRM platforms: PeopleSoft, Salesforce.com, Oracle, etc.
o Database platforms: Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
o Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service models, etc.
o Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery concepts and replication technologies.
• Strong knowledge of network, communications and mobility protocols
• Working knowledge of switching, routing, server, video, UC&C and mobility equipment
• Current industry certifications are desirable Some examples are:
o Vendors such as Microsoft, EMC, VMware, IBM, NetApp, Cisco etc.
• Demonstrated and verifiable track record of prior successful customer engagements. Examples of network designs, statements of work and/or technical project plans are required
• Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present both technical and non-technical information to broad audiences
• This position requires excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment and explain complex system solutions customers. Effective written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starter. The successful candidate will support a staff of company's sales professionals by providing customer needs analysis, engineering and design of technical solutions, pricing and proposal assistance, technical presentations, technical consultation to internal and external customers, and to assist as the technical closer on sales
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in technical sales or service to Fortune 1000 companies
• Successful project delivery in a Fortune 1000 company
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience; 5+ years telecommunications, IT industry or systems integration experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity