This position reports to the Director Finance Transformation responsible for the Account to Report process. The purpose of this role is to support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives as part of Finance Transformation for the Account to Report process. This role will primarily be responsible for the accounting and close processes including general ledger reporting and processes, revenue accounting and partnership accounting. The position will also develop and maintain strong relationships across the business units to implement and standardize processes.
- Support the design and implementation of standardized global Account to Report processes for the Accounting and Close process including:
- Lead cross functional teams in the design, development and implementation of financial processes.
- Perform independent and objective evaluations of financial processes.
- Redesign existing processes and assess and establish key process controls.
- Ensure the consistency and completeness of design and implementation for the end to end process.
- Drive continued improvement of these processes.
- Support Verizon Finance transformation initiatives including follow-up, resolution and closure of open items as well as supporting the Global process owners in identifying and developing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the business units to implement and standardize processes. Communicate effectively with process owners to facilitate the completion and tracking of Finance Transformation initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, related field or equivalent experience
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA)
- 6+ years accounting experience
- Accounting close processes experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; well developed analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to interface with IT, Accounting and various functions, as well as various levels of management
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent preferred
- Experienced in the design and implementation of accounting systems and applications
- MS Access experience preferred
- Experience with applications such as flowcharting, Quality Center, MS Project
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management
- Knowledge of technology or telecommunications industry
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.