Senior Technical Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
This position is responsible for aligning business and technology resources to implement projects critical to the reporting & planning initiatives of Verizon Wireless. This position will manage programs to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. This includes:
• Plan and develop methods and procedures for implementing program; direct and coordinate program activities; and exercise control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the program.
• Manage project plans, project execution, risk mitigation, and achievement of project and program objectives.
• Review reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives and modify or change the approach as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
• Prepare program reports for superiors and control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
• Assimilate a broad range of project inputs and clearly and distinctly communicate overall project status tailored to a variety of audiences, including executive management.
• Establish, control and deliver measurable business benefits through the execution of the program.
• Establish a program financial framework that ties directly to the organizations strategies.
• Establish and manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
• Use data-driven analysis for prioritization of complex operational trade-offs.
• Provide expertise on complex technical projects from concept through the analysis, design and execution stages.
• Provide successful stakeholder relationship management across technology, engineering and product management.
• Quickly assess project data (schedules, risks, etc.) and draw clear implications for the project.
• Determine specific project tasks and follow-up with team members to ensure tasks are completed timely and in alignment with project objectives.
• Support requirements analysis by constructing complex models related to processes, data, workflow, use cases, etc. as needed to identify requirement specifications. Develop business architecture as-is and to-be models.
• Manage SIT & UAT test activities by ensuring defects are logged accurately and issues resolved appropriately.
• Read and understand project business cases, and contribute to development.
• Must be able to adapt to change quickly in a fast pace environment.
• May supervise project business analysts.
Reviews and prepares procedures for participation by the Company in any FCC or third-party Development of presentations for Verizon Wireless senior management, Chairman’s Leadership Committee (CLC) and Boards of Directors (both Verizon Wireless and Verizon Communications)-outlining risks and opportunities.
Supports the Due Diligence process, including data and document requests, coordinating the flow of information responses to the functional subject matter experts, incorporating their reviews and recommendations into the deal negotiations.
Works with network and strategy/business planning to determine long-term spectrum strategy – i.e., determining our preferred types and uses of spectrum.
Partners with transaction attorneys and business contacts to ensure the resolution of business issues are reflected in the negotiated deal terms and conditions.
Interfaces with Headquarters and Area transition personnel to ensure that resources and transition plans are in place to integrate the acquired wireless system.
May motivate and train staff to maximize productivity and promote their professional development in a manner consistent with VZW company policies and practices.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of key financial & operational KPIs.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical field). MBA preferred.
• PMP certification or project management master degree preferred. Strong knowledge of Program Management & Project Management practices.
• 5+ years wireless experience preferred
• 7+ years experience managing medium to large scale cross functional enterprise technology projects that involved delivering business solutions, user interface design, data integration, and master data management.
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) best practices and methodologies, including Agile methodology required
• Understanding of OLAP & relational database reporting tools, such as Hyperion Essbase and Oracle OBIEE, is required.
• Understanding of Hyperion Planning, PeopleSoft G/L, Cognos, Hyperion Financial Reports, AppliedOLAP Dodeca, or other reporting tools is required.
• Understanding of Data Warehouse and related concepts is preferred.
• Working knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project, is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity