We are seeking a passionate software tester for a fulltime role working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to build the business foundation of a best-in-class consumer video product.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant product team responsible for the design and implementation of interfaces bridging 3rd-party systems and our next-generation video platform. These interfaces conform to modern design principles and are designed to scale infinitely from the ground up.
Responsibilities will also include working with business stakeholders and other developers and testers to define and automate test cases to further our Continuous Integration/Deployment goals. Successful candidates are self-motivated, able to lead and/or mentor other testers, and "play well with others". OnCue work.
Minimum Educational Requirement:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- MS degree in the above fields preferred.
- 5+ years experience in white-box testing of software.
- 5+ years proven experience in test automation using a modern functional and/or OO programming language.
- Experience with JVM-based test frameworks.
- Experience with load testing tools for web services: AB, Gatling, Bees with Machine Guns, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes including Scrum and TDD.
- Familiarity with REST-ful web services and the JSON data format.
- Familiarity with Cloud-based IaaS, e.g. AWS.
- Scala/Akka/Play experience.
- MySQL or Cassandra experience.
- Mule ESB experience.
- Kafka/Zookeeper experience.
- B/OSS integration experience, especially in telecom domain.
- IPTV/OTT video experience.
- Experience with Billing/Finance, PLM, logistics, CRM, EAS, or other support systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.