Lead Systems Specialist - Systems Analysis
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence in Lake Mary, FL. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position supports Accounting's Financial Systems. The position reports to a Financial Systems Supervisor. Majority of the responsibilities will be creating complex reports, queries and reporting structures and management of the reporting application.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide financial system support for General Ledger and other Finance Teams during Month End Close
- Create and maintain complex Hyperion Essbase queries and Essbase Retrieve reports
- Maintain trees for financial reports and production data processing
- Maintain all General Ledger public queries and develop new queries based on business requirements and fulfill any adhoc query requests.
- Provide administration support to report repository application, including security, maintenance, and planning and testing any enhancements or upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and reporting issues by identifying the root cause; propose corrective options to management, test corrective system changes and validate results
- Responsible for project planning and system testing for implementation of changes
- Using current PC database tools such as MS Access and Excel, provide detailed statistical and trend analysis for management decision making along with recommended options and based on analysis work
- Maintain Datamart reporting and provide for requests as required
- Other ad hoc analyses as needed
- Requires BA/BS with concentration in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Significant knowledge and experience ERP applications or processing financial data, including interface management experience and working knowledge of data warehousing, data transformation, or IT production support
- Experience with financial systems, procedures and verification, and solid understanding of financial statements and concepts.
- 3+ years experience with Queries and query tools
- 3+ years hands-on experience within the General Ledger module within ERP systems
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Access; attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities, handle multiple assignments in a timely manner and consistently deliver on commitments
- Willingness to work proactively in a team environment
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely with all levels of leadership and peers
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Comfortable using Visio/creating flowcharts
- Knowledge of records management systems
- Experience with ERP implementations
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase
- Employees/Candidates with professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) or in process of achieving certification are preferred.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity