Credit & Recovery Strategy Manager
This job posting is no longer active
- Lake Mary, FL - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 352664
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
The Manager is responsible for the day to day delivery of Finance and/or Accounting services. This involves managing a team of supervisors within a particular work stream or function, responsible for validating the quality of services delivered by any service providers, and establishing required linkages to the global Finance and Accounting organization. The Manager will compile, analyze and interpret data, and if appropriate, make recommendations for future courses of action. The Manager demonstrates an understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable processes. Identifies and engages key business process owners to increase awareness of system enablers, identifies and understands operational challenges and influences business priorities. A further key responsibility of this position is to identify and drive improvement opportunities in this area. This position provides value to the enterprise by applying financial acumen and process improvement skills to deliver the high quality processing of financial data into accurate, reliable information for use by internal and external customers.
• Contributes to the formulation of the overall management strategy of Finance Operations.
• Assist in assessing the services delivered by the service providers (if any) and validating that performance metrics established by service level agreements are met as applicable and that Service Level Agreements are aligned with organizational goals and objectives. As the primary point of contact, provide direction and policy interpretation to third party service providers as needed.
• Oversees escalations from internal customers and responds to customer inquiries, ensuring timely issue and error resolution.
• Responds to customer feedback, survey results and makes any improvements/corrections as necessary.
• Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for their work stream and collaborates with any external service providers to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
• Ensure adherence to financial policies to ensure effective controls exist to safeguard company assets.
• Continuously evaluate the internal control environment, maintaining appropriate documentation and practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, company policies and standardized procedures.
• Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls and with external regulations.
• Manages and leads a team of supervisors assigned to a specific work stream or function to deliver finance and/or transaction processing services.
• Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines for their team. Subsequently monitors their team's progress and is responsible for the results of team activities.
• Provides guidance to supervisors on their team for recruiting, staffing and professional development as needed.
• Coordinates required internal reporting as it relates to specific work streams.
• Responsible for developing the departmental budget and determines acceptable staffing levels, establishing departmental budgets, etc., as required by the departmental budget.
II - Additional Responsibilities
Manager is responsible for Consumer and Business Mass Markets and Enterprise Credit and Recovery Strategy Management encompassing strategy planning, design, development, deployment and execution. Accountable for metrics, analysis and reporting associated with Credit and Recovery Strategies utilizing Business Intelligence and Data Analysis, Descriptive Statistics and Performance, for evaluating effectiveness of Financial Controls relating to Risk Assessment and Identity Validation. Responsible for preparing and determining Credit Policy recommendations for Senior Executives and for joint planning and coordination of new strategies with VZW. Accountable for the management of Strategic Vendor Relationships and Partnering, including research, development and implementation for each strategic initiative. Manager and team will assess and mitigate risk, as well as ensure proper internal controls exist and are functioning as intended. This position is responsible for analysis and strategic initiatives that increase efficiency, eliminate redundancy, and drive key metric performance. The position will be responsible for leading the design, the enhancement, and utilization of Credit, Recovery and Identity/Fraud Models to predict and enhance performance. The position will provide analysis and post implementation feedback regarding National/Area/Regional initiatives and programs. The position interfaces with Corporate Finance Teams, Marketing Leadership Teams, plus various other teams at all levels as it pertains to controlling and determining Credit and Recovery Policy. Manager requires a heightened sense of urgency, comfort interfacing with Executive Leadership and the ability to make immediate change in project direction. Leader will have decision making authority and oversight for the formulation, development and determination of Credit and Recovery Strategies. This includes, planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting relative to implementation of new strategies. Manager is responsible for identifying issues impacting results of strategy changes or project implementation and follow-up for resolution. Manager is responsible for ensuring quality controls are in place prior to and after strategy deployment, as well as follow-up for effectiveness. Manage a team of 5 to 6 Consultants / Analysts in developing and implementing strategic initiatives, improvement recommendations and provide overall leadership, including communication of business direction and promotion of continuous professional development.
Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies. The successful candidate is detail-oriented and possesses advanced mathematical and analytical skills. He/she can also evaluate the effectiveness of current policies and procedures.
• Requires either BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of professional experience in related discipline
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel; strong written and oral communications skills.
• Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required.
• Vast understanding of credit reporting agencies – Consumer and Commercial
• Incumbent must be multi-task oriented, organized, set priorities, meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work.
• Working knowledge of Verizon vendor management policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
• Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of credit-related and Debt Collection laws; Consumer Credit Protection Act. [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1601], Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1681], Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) [Codified at 15 U.S.C. § 1691], Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) [Codified as 15 U.S.C. § 1692 –1692p]
• Requires experience with predictive model development, maintenance & performance validation
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity