At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
Leader is responsible for the decisions, direction and the strategic approach for national and cross-channel go to market initiatives, endeavors and projects to ensure adequate integration of credit controls into existing and newly-created systems. This encompasses the Verizon Consumer and Mass Markets Business portfolio.
The leader and team will assess and mitigate the risk of retail projects to insure compliance with the corporation credit policy, federal laws and regulations. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the facilitation of the project scope, goals, deliverables and pre/post UAT testing.
This position is responsible for analyzing and auditing credit control processes to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and financial performance.
The position interfaces with LOB retail sales teams encompassing 10K sales representatives, Credit team totaling ~150 agents, area leadership teams, plus various other teams at all levels as it pertains to new projects and initiatives. This Leader requires a heightened sense of urgency, comfort interfacing with leadership and the ability to make immediate change in project direction.
The Manager is responsible for the day to day delivery of Finance and/or Accounting services. This involves managing a team of supervisors within a particular work stream or function, responsible for validating the quality of services delivered by any service providers, and establishing required linkages to the global Finance and Accounting organization. The Manager will compile, analyze and interpret data, and if appropriate, make recommendations for future courses of action. The Manager demonstrates an understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable processes. Identifies and engages key business process owners to increase awareness of system enablers, identifies and understands operational challenges and influences business priorities. A further key responsibility of this position is to identify and drive improvement opportunities in this area. This position provides value to the enterprise by applying financial acumen and process improvement skills to deliver the high quality processing of financial data into accurate, reliable information for use by internal and external customers. Contributes to the formulation of the overall management strategy of Finance Operations.
Assist in assessing the services delivered by the service providers (if any) and validating that performance metrics established by service level agreements are met as applicable and that Service Level Agreements are aligned with organizational goals and objectives. As the primary point of contact, provide direction and policy interpretation to third party service providers as needed.
Oversees escalations from internal customers and responds to customer inquiries, ensuring timely issue and error resolution.
Responds to customer feedback, survey results and makes any improvements/corrections as necessary.
Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for their work stream and collaborates with any external service providers to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
Ensure adherence to financial policies to ensure effective controls exist to safeguard company assets.
Continuously evaluate the internal control environment, maintaining appropriate documentation and practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, company policies and standardized procedures.
Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls and with external regulations.
Manages and leads a team assigned to a specific work stream or function to deliver finance and/or transaction processing services.
Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines for their team. Subsequently monitors their team's progress and is responsible for the results of team activities.
Provides guidance to supervisors on their team for recruiting, staffing and professional development as needed.
Coordinates required internal reporting as it relates to specific work streams.
Responsible for developing the departmental budget and determines acceptable staffing levels, establishing departmental budgets, etc., as required by the departmental budget.
II. Additional Responsibilities
- Manages a team of Consultants / Analysts in developing and implementing strategic initiatives, improvement recommendations and provide overall leadership, including communication of business direction and promotion of continuous professional development.
- Leads and/or participates in national and cross-channel go to market initiatives, endeavors and projects to ensure adequate integration of credit controls into existing and newly-created systems.
- Makes decisions on the direction and the strategic approach for projects and initiatives with credit screening impacts. This encompasses the Verizon Consumer and Mass Markets Business portfolio
- Drives activities associated with integration of VZT/VZW credit processes
- Leader will assess and mitigate the risk of retail projects to insure compliance with the corporation credit policy, federal laws and regulations. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the facilitation of the project scope, goals, deliverables and pre/post UAT testing.
- Leader manages decision making authority and oversight for the formulation and development of credit processes. This includes, planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting relative to implementation of new processes associated with new credit strategies.
- Leader is responsible for identifying issues impacting applicant /customer experience and call centers as a result of strategy changes or project implementation and follow-up for resolution. Leader is responsible for ensuring quality controls are in place prior to and after strategy deployment, as well as follow-up for effectiveness.
- Analyzes and audits credit controls to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and financial performance. Repairs controls that are not functioning as intended, and enhance existing controls that address deficiencies in the strategy.
- Monitor consultants daily system health checks to ensure that agreed-upon controls are functioning as intended when systems are enhanced.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior management communicating risks mitigated and potential impacts of unmitigated risks.
- Communicate timely and accurate information regarding system functionality, control gaps and planned enhancements.
- Accountable for establishing a strong working relationship with IT partners for strategy enhancements, new strategies loaded into production, issues resolution and root cause analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with key internal customers.
- Handles and resolve disputes, complaints and escalated matters related to credit / deposits / usage
Generally requires BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
Necessary Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of directly related experience with a strong management background. Proven management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint; strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain an effective rapport with individuals of diverse backgrounds and professional levels
- Ability to review and analyze metrics and make coaching recommendations
- Mastery of coaching to performance
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate clear and articulate speaking, as well as concise and effective written documentation
- Ability to manage and motivate staff to excel at job functions
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Must be able to work extended hours /nights and/or weekends during project releases.
- Ability to create a positive work environment by motivating, recognizing and engaging employees through proper communication and equitable application
- Project Management skills or certification
- Experience with business case development or financial background
- Demonstrates strategic thinking skills
- Verizon Telecom, Verizon.Com Consumer and Business ordering knowledge
- Verizon Wireless, Verizonwireless.com Consumer and Business ordering Knowledge
- Working knowledge of call center systems, including but not limited to: iCredit, iFinals, COA, Datashare, Interconnect, iCollect, COA2go, SSP, CACS, ACSS, eCredit, POS.
- Working knowledge of the Credit Verification Center (CVC) and Credit Order Operation Support (COOS) processes.
- Thorough knowledge of credit-related and Debt Collection laws; Consumer Credit Protection Act. [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1601], Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1681], Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) [Codified at 15 U.S.C. § 1691], Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) [Codified as 15 U.S.C. § 1692 –1692p]
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.