Credit Strategies Specialist
This job posting is no longer active
- Lake Mary, FL - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 352703
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
Significantly contributes to the delivery of financial services as an Individual Contributor working in specific areas within Finance and also assists in establishing required linkages to the global Finance organization. Demonstrates a basic knowledge of financial, accounting and additional support systems. Works to support the team as assigned enabling the business through technology enhancements with various assigned tasks to collect and assimilate data. Demonstrates understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable processes. A further key responsibility of this position is to identify any improvement opportunities in this area and, to contribute to the design and implementation of new strategies, processes or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities. Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the strategy and processes associated with the delivery of specific Finance services to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard Verizon assets.
• Provides subject matter expertise on complex processes or issues to the assigned team and work stream.
• Creates, analyzes and interprets reports for managers providing recommendations to guide business decisions.
• Maintains ongoing interaction with internal client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters.
• Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies for their assigned work stream or function(s).
• Ensures compliance with internal policies and controls, and with external regulations.
• Undertakes complex projects and provides guidance on project related issues as needed.
• Leads or participates, as required, in training and skills development initiatives as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Participates in user acceptance testing activities associated with new or modified strategies, business rules, logic and systems.
• Fields issue escalations from internal customers or delivery partners and responds to customer inquiries as requested, ensuring issue and error resolution.
• Identifies improvement opportunities for their work stream and works closely with either the internal team or service providers (if any) to enable the implementation of improvement opportunities.
• Assists in assessing the services delivered by the service providers (if any) and validating that performance metrics established by service level agreements are met as applicable.
II - Additional Responsibilities
This position is accountable the data gathering and analysis used for the credit strategies for Corporate Finance – Bill to Cash (Mass Markets, Business Markets, Enterprise Business). The scope of the analysis includes consumer and business customers ordering voice, data, video and/or wireless services through all of the VZT sales channels. Perform queries and gather/summarize data for use in monitoring and tracking customer segmentation performance analysis of credit and identity validation strategies, Initial credit verification and identity validation, credit validation for additional products and services, ongoing credit assessment, prepare data for use in monthly audits of credit strategies, development of analysis of initial credit decision and account performance, prepare recommendations for credit strategy changes, document strategy changes for audit purposes, prepare monthly metrics reporting and analysis for senior management.
Provides technical and/or analytical support to solve a wide range of complex issues/problems. Periodically makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area; works with limited supervision. Applies some advanced technical skills to the position or specialization. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial or conflicting data. May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. May assist in the preparation of detailed costs analysis and justification for technical application changes. Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways; makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of initiatives within a functional area. Typically involved in several large projects at a time; develops schedules to ensure timely completion of the project; identifies appropriate resources needed. Receives general guidance for the accomplishment of short to medium term goals and operating objectives. Plans and executes own work. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Performs a variety of activities in support of the functional processes, programs and/or services. Work may include compiling and analyzing data, creating reports, providing information regarding function specific policies; tracking of processes and activities. Generally works under existing standards and procedures; may require some interpretation. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action; works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations requires a review of identifiable factors. Requires a range of skills within a professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• Responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes
• Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways; makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of intiatives within a functional area. Typically involved in one large project at a time; develops schedules to ensure timely completion of the project; identifies appropriate resources needed.
• Receives general guidance for the accomplishment of short to medium term goals and operating objectives. Plans and executes own work. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment.
• Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Requires a range of skills within a professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• Performs Consumer and Business Credit Screening Strategy Development, Deployment, and Analysis.
• Supports Synergies in Credit Screening, Fraud Prevention and Strategic Vendor Relationships.
• Performs Business Intelligence and Data Analysis, Descriptive Statistics and Performance Validation of existing and potential Credit Strategies.
• Creates Reporting Metrics and Analysis thereof for evaluating Financial Controls relating to Risk Management and Identity Validation including the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
• Proficient and through knowledge of Decision Tree philosophy, theory, methodology and analysis.
• Thorough knowledge of credit-related laws, Consumer Credit Protection Act. [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1601], Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1681], Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) [Codified at 15 U.S.C. § 1691]
• Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers' financial status.
• Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated.
• Role demands a strong combination of interpersonal, analytical and decision-making skills.
• The role is very much centered on risk management: risks must be understood and communicated, and credit exposures kept in line with the companies limit on risk bearing.
• Support Credit Strategies and initiatives through system administrative and maintenance, including, but not limited to the Equifax InterConnect® Product Suite
• Support empirically derived predictive model development and life cycle
• Ad-hoc reporting, tracking and trending, and predictive measures using commonly used statistical measures
• Requires either BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience required.
• 4+ years of professional experience in related discipline.
• Intermediate level of understanding for report query and design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel; strong written and oral communications skills.
• Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry preferred, but not required.
• Project Management / Business Analysis Certification or equivalent experience desired
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity