Verizon’s OnCue Engineering Team looking for a passionate and talented Lead Embedded System Software Engineer. In this role, you will design and implement system software solutions to provide a high-performance and robust embedded platform to our application teams. You will port and write device drivers, modify CPU firmware, and participate in low-level bring-up and debugging of new devices. You will collaborate with our other hardware and software development teams to create products belonging to our nationwide ecosystem of networked media playback devices and services.
That's why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you, determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
Title: Lead Embedded System Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95054 (408)
Duration: Full Time Role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years Linux or Android system development
- Embedded system development
- C/C++ development and debugging skills
- Development of Android or Linux applications or libraries
- Linux drivers
- Firmware development
- OpenGL application, library, or driver development
- Networking drivers, utilities, and protocol stacks
- Filesystem and disk performance characterization and optimization
What We Offer: On top of being a part of the company that's changing the world through groundbreaking technology, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits so robust we call them Total Rewards.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Award-winning training
- Tuition assistance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee discounts on plans and technology
- Health and wellness programs
What We Do: From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communications, to robust omni-channel experiences, we're spearheading tomorrow's innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we're creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.