Who We Are: At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
Verizon’s OnCue Engineering Team is hiring passionate and talented software engineers for the development of cutting-edge consumer electronics products. Ideal candidates have a passion for television and the user experience, as well as an eye for detail and a drive for quality.
As an Embedded System Software Engineer, you will design and implement system software solutions to provide a high-performance and robust embedded platform to application teams. You will port and write device drivers, modify CPU firmware, and participate in low-level bring-up and debugging of new devices. You will collaborate with hardware and software development teams contributing to a large ecosystem of networked devices and services.
That's why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you, determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
Title: Embedded System Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA 95054 (408)
Duration: Full Time Role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 2+ years Linux or Android system development
- Embedded system development
- C/C++ development and debugging skills
- Development of Android or Linux applications or libraries
- Linux drivers
- Firmware development
- OpenGL application, library, or driver development
- Networking drivers, utilities, and protocol stacks
What We Offer: On top of being a part of the company that's changing the world through groundbreaking technology, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits so robust we call them Total Rewards.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Award-winning training
- Tuition assistance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee discounts on plans and technology
- Health and wellness programs
What We Do: From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communications, to robust omni-channel experiences, we're spearheading tomorrow's innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we're creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.