Metrics and Analytics Senior Reporting Analyst - Commissions
- Lake Mary, FL - United States
- Finance and Accounting - Full-Time
- Job # 353672
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
• The primary focus will be to ensure that we are in Compliance with all regulations and all audit requests are fulfilled (both internal & external auditors)
• Responsible for ensuring that any and all research, adjustments, analysis, and documentation related to compensation are in compliance with SOX, Company Policy, & Audit.
• Actively participate in User Acceptance Testing activities associated with new or modified systems to ensure systems are properly paying when enhancements/adjustments, new compensation plans, or new Agent contracts are implemented.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compensation plans and policies or Agent contracts as well as a basic knowledge of incentive management, financial, accounting, and additional support systems.
• Create complex queries and reporting to support month end close, operational analysis/metrics, executive management reporting, and compliance.
• Undertake complex projects and provide reporting, guidance and analysis on project related issues as needed.
• This position contributes to the delivery of Commissions services as an Individual Contributor working on analyses, trending, reporting and testing in a specific area within Commissions.
• Develop and book journal entries and provide data/analysis as needed to the Accounting team to support the monthly/quarterly financial close process.
• Work to support the team as assigned enabling the business through technology enhancements with various assigned tasks to collect and assimilate data.
• Provide guidance and technical expertise to team members.
• Demonstrate understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable process improvement.
• Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the processes associated with the systems (e.g., CCRS and dependent systems) and delivery of Commissions services to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard Verizon assets.
Required Skills & Experience
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• 5+ years of Finance, Accounting, Finance Ops related experience
• A broad range of skills within finance discipline to effectively perform routine to complex assignments.
• Familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices
• The ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and to lead and drive operational initiatives.
• High standard of personal performance, independent thinker, works effectively in dynamic, fast-moving, constantly changing environment
• Strong analytical combined with impeccable business judgment & ability to communicate with seasoned management
• Demonstrated skills for business success, including project management, problem-solving, and the ability to diagnose and meet business demands
• Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
• Highly Proficient with MS Office Suite of Products (especially in Excel, Access & Powerpoint )
• Expert in using query tools to extract and manipulate data (e.g., SQL/Cognos)
• Knowledge and experience in developing accruals and booking journal entries
Desired Skills & Experience
• Masters degree.
• Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA)
• Experience with SOX Regulations and Governance
• Experience with Compliance
• Previous experience in compensation related field
• Familiarity with Compensation, Billing, and Order Entry systems
• Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity