Sourcing Consultant - part-time
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
Leads individual strategic sourcing activities for IT & Network categories of spend, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, supplanted with year-over-year productivity improvements of 10% in the total cost of goods and services procured while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. Works closely with key stakeholders and colleagues to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The position will report to IT / Networks Category Manager and is part-time, based on 20 to 24 hours per week.
The Sourcing Consultant primary responsibility is the capture of savings, including savings captured through pooling multi regional wide purchasing volumes and negotiating contracts with suppliers, and savings captured from other cost reduction initiatives. As the leader responsible for sourcing effectiveness on a particular vendor or IT & Network Category opportunity, the Sourcing Consultant has the following specific responsibilities:
• Input into and implement sourcing strategies for key spend categories
Input into the identification and prioritization of potential sourcing projects within spend area scope for annual Sourcing plan by completing spend analysis on vendors.
Lead/participate in cross-functional teams in the development of sourcing strategies. Steps in the process include: internal assessments of Company/subsidiary current and future needs; assessments of market trends and supply base; understanding of supplier economics, agreement on optimal relationship between Company and prospective suppliers; assessment of total cost of ownership and opportunities to leverage changes in process, systems and products to lower that cost; working closely with the segments/subsidiaries to establish and implement the sourcing strategy, which will include development and implementation of communication strategies for key stakeholders on overall process, timing and end products.
• Lead the process to select and manage vendors
Champions, develops, manages, and drives key sourcing relationships that are critical to Verizon. Leads cross functional sourcing teams associated with the product and service selection and negotiation processes of equipment and services for Verizon Business. Negotiates terms and conditions in supplier contracts covering complex, multi-year requirements.
Responsible for obtaining total Verizon wide requirements, maximizing marketplace leverage, determining competitive alternatives and prioritizing business objectives for cross functional teams in order to support key revenue enablement and margin management financial targets.
Establishes and maintains contractual and business relationships with the vendors; monitors contract compliance; solves operational issues with vendors (e.g., quality, delivery and service issues) and adjusts sourcing strategies based on supplier performance and business unit input. On an ongoing basis, the Sourcing Consultant is responsible for holding quarterly supplier reviews and ensuring progress to year-over-year supplier improvement goals.
Implements policies, procedures, and programs
Responsible for planning, organizing, integrating, coordinating, and controlling the activities of a business area.
Acts as an advisor and or expert to subordinates/less experienced staff for elevated issues and problems.
Works on diverse issues that require significant interpretation.
• Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
Work within and external to Company , the Sourcing Consultant will develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimise Company’s total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories.
• Measure and track performance within each spend category and define budgetary impact
Establish key performance measures for each spend category (e.g., cost per unit, total product expense); define the data collection process; forecast budgetary impact and track actual savings; broadly communicate performance against these performance measures and work with stakeholders to ensure savings are incorporated into annual operating plans.
• Monitor strategy implementation and contract compliance
Ensure strategies are implemented and reductions secured according to implementation plans. Contract compliance will be actively monitored by the Sourcing Consultant and when required, the Sourcing Consultant will work with business unit leadership to address noncompliance issues.
• Monitoring customer satisfaction
Develop, implement, and monitor business unit satisfaction with key suppliers and the support/responsiveness of the center purchasing activity for assigned leverage commodities.
• Develop an expertise in the assigned spend categories
Remain current with market trends through relationships with vendors and market experts; identifying and communicating new technologies and solutions to Company’s key problems in the assigned spend areas
• Drive best practices across all Company groups/segments/subsidiaries for assigned sourcing categories
Identify/define sourcing best-practices both within and external to Company and work with key stakeholders to ensure that those best practices are widely adopted by Company’s groups, segments and subsidiaries.
• Provide assistance to Company’s acquisition strategies by completing the due diligence and integration activities for the spend categories
Assess potential supply management opportunities in acquisition candidates; work with the integration team to integrate acquired companies into Company sourcing strategies
• Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws
Maintain a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization is honest, ethical and professional.
• Honours degree preferred; other graduate degree potentially acceptable
• Successful, multi-year track record in a Sourcing organization
• Desirable MCIPS
• Fluent German speaker
• Specific commodity experience required
• Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills – able to construct/execute multiple complex analyses.
• Good planning/project management skills – able to develop comprehensive workable issue sets in complex situations
• Strong negotiating skills
• Quick study – able to gain a fact based understanding of current supplier base, supplier economics and major trends in relevant markets
• Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationships
• Passion for reducing costs – exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish a new approach to sourcing
• Distinctive leadership – willing to make tough/unpopular decisions, but well respected by internal and external business leaders.
• Comfortable with conflict – willingness to challenge “conventional” thinking
• Self starter and independent worker – able to juggle priorities