This position is responsible for managing the Verizon Wireless Planning application which supports the FP&A Outlook, Bestview and Forecast processes. The position will be responsible for system change management, UI development and administration, Essbase development and administration, relational table maintenance, infrastructure update testing and end user support.
The position will be the liaison across several teams, including the Wireless FP&A business team, the IT development support team, the EPM production support team and Verizon Corporate FP&A. The candidate will coordinate activities across the teams to manage project changes and release cycles. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be detailed oriented, understand and follow standard software development life cycle processes, and be able to communicate with the business and IT to ensure the system supports the changes in the business’ planning needs.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Manage the development of system enhancements as required to support the Planning application. This includes:
- Elicit requirements from key stakeholders by conducting interviews, or determining needs based off of prior experience.
- Finalize the requirements and conduct structured reviews with business sponsors for sign-off.
- Identify impacted objects within the application and document proposed design to meet the requirements.
- Implement required changes in the development environment to the application objects including web forms, business rules, calculation scripts; reference data management; Essbase formulas, outlines and report scripts.
- Support IT during the development phase of any project to ensure that the requirements are being met.
- Coordinate SIT activities between IT, self and EPM support team.
- Develop test plans and cases to be used for system integration and user acceptance testing. Work with users during UAT to ensure the system has met requirements.
- Manage changes to the requirements during the life-cycle of the project.
- Support the delivery of the Project:
- Finalize documentation related to each project, including training material, M&Ps, etc.
- Provide training and user support for the projects as necessary
- Evaluate reporting change requests and determine impacts to the Planning system. Model and document approved reporting changes and implement in the Planning environment.
- Manage the validations and regression testing, and ensure that the validations are documented and align with audit procedures.
- Support of all infrastructure updates including upgrades, patches and hardware migrations.
- Review system access requests & provide access to the Planning system. Cross reference Planning system access against Hyperion user lists on a quarterly basis to ensure security policies are being followed.
- Act as subject matter expert and Wireless advocate to the Corporate Planning team.
- Candidate must have solid writing skills, and must be able to translate user requests into functional requirements, as well as effectively describe technical specifications to business users, both verbally and through documentation.
- Candidate must be able to network with others to accomplish daily tasks.
- Candidate will be expected to complete tasks independently and make decisions and recommendations that comply with management reporting and planning.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
Candidate must have the ability to work extended hours on-site during critical projects as needed to meet forecasting deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, or MIS. MBA preferred. Will consider Computer Science degrees with relevant work experience in database systems (OLAP preferred).
- 5-7+ years of relevant wireless and/or technology industry experience strongly preferred.
- 5-7+ years experience managing OLAP and relational databases development life cycles is required.
- 3+ years experience managing Planning systems (Hyperion Planning). Thorough understanding of the Planning processes and experience with driver-based planning models required.
- Balance of financial skills, database mining, change control process management, highly developed analytical skills and proven ability to prioritize across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Experience with requirements gathering, integrative thinking, process definition, and deployment of business requirements to information systems. Familiarity with SDLC processes, including waterfall & agile.
- Advanced knowledge of Hyperion Essbase is required (modeling both BSO and ASO Essbase cubes, developing formulas, report scripts, mdx scripts, calc scripts, data load rules, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of VBA/Excel application development is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of relational database design and SQL is required.
- Expert knowledge of Excel functions required and advanced knowledge of Word, and PowerPoint required. Visio and MS Project experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.