Associate Director - Financial Operations - Credit & Recovery Strategy
This job posting is no longer active
This job posting is no longer active
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
This position is responsible for setting the overall direction and management of their work streams. This involves leading their team, participating in quality assurance reviews of services delivered by service providers, and establishing any required linkages to the global Finance and Accounting organization. Champions system standardization and adoption across the company. Sponsors productive technology solutions to meet business needs. A further key responsibility of this position is to identify and drive process improvement opportunities in this area. This position provides value to the enterprise by applying financial acumen and process improvement skills to deliver the high quality processing of financial data into quality information for use by internal and external customers and ensuring continuity in the end to end process.
- Responsible for developing, planning, executing and documenting of transaction processing strategies that deliver sustainable improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of financial and transaction processing services within the assigned work stream.
- Reviews the quality of services delivered by service providers and measures performance against service level agreements. Negotiates the type of services, their timing and the definition/calculation of performance measures with service providers to ensure alignment with overall corporate objectives.
- Responds to customer feedback and/or survey results and makes improvements/corrections as necessary.
- Reviews data on the causes of issue escalation from internal customers and develops issue mitigation strategies for repetitive issues based upon trend and root cause analyses .
- Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for their work stream and collaborates with services providers to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
- Contribute to the development of standards and policies that ensure effective controls exist to safeguard company assets.
- Continuously evaluates the internal control environment, maintaining appropriate documentation and practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, company policies and standardized procedures.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and controls and with external regulations.
- Coordinates required internal reporting as it relates to specific work streams.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of their organization's budget and for the analysis and reporting of any variances throughout the reporting period.
- Represent Verizon as it’s representative on the National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange (NCTUE) Board, including attending quarterly board meetings.
II - Additional Responsibilities
Associate Director is responsible for Consumer and Business Mass Markets and Enterprise Credit and Recovery Strategy Management encompassing
- Directs a team of 4 Managers (Band 6) providing oversight in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to streamline & automate processes, enhance system features & functions, improve risk assessment & enhance operations
- Accountable for metrics, analysis and reporting associated with Credit and Recovery Strategies utilizing Business Intelligence and Data Analysis, Descriptive Statistics and Performance, for evaluating effectiveness of Financial Controls relating to Risk Assessment, Fraud and Identity Validation. This position is responsible for analysis of critical initiatives (strategies, processes, and/or system) that increase efficiency, eliminate redundancy, and drive key metric performance.
- Responsible for preparing and determining Credit Policy and Recovery Policy recommendations for Senior Executives and for joint planning and coordination of new strategies with VZW.
- Makes decisions regarding the management of Strategic Vendor Relationships and Partnering, ensuring full due diligence has been performed in the research, development and implementation for each strategic initiative.
- The position interfaces with Corporate Finance Teams, Marketing Leadership Teams (for Consumer Mass Business, Enterprise & Wholesale) plus various other teams at all levels as it pertains to controlling and determining Credit and Recovery Policies. Associate Director requires a heightened sense of urgency, comfort interfacing with CMB & VES Executive Leadership and the ability to make immediate change in project direction.
- Associate Director has decision making authority and oversight for the formulation, development and determination of Credit and Recovery Strategies & Systems. This includes, planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting relative to implementation of new strategies, processes & systems.
- Associate Director oversees identification of issues impacting results of strategy changes or project implementation and follow-up for resolution. Associate Director is responsible for ensuring quality controls are in place prior to and after strategy, process and/or system deployment, as well as follow-up for effectiveness.
- Provide overall leadership, including communication of business direction and promotion of continuous professional development.
- Oversees use of relevant tools to assess the effectiveness of system controls, strategy and perform testing as needed to identify root-cause issues and formulate improvement recommendations for senior management.
- Associate Director ensures that Strategies & Processes are in compliance with Local, State and Federal Law; requiring thorough knowledge of credit-related and Debt Collection laws; Consumer Credit Protection Act. [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1601], Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) [Codified to 15 U.S.C. § 1681], Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) [Codified at 15 U.S.C. § 1691], Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) [Codified as 15 U.S.C. § 1692 –1692p]
- Associate Director ensures that the Strategy Change Control, System Change Manages and UAT processes controls are functioning as intended when systems are enhanced and revisions implemented.
Our business is fuelled by our passion for delivering unprecedented results for customers in over 52 countries. Throughout the world, we’re helping to create a better future – transforming how doctors battle cancer, rescue workers save lives, and people, businesses and communities interact with one another. If you have the drive, talent, energy and commitment to join over 180,000 like-minded people who are unlocking this positive potential of technology, we’ll support you every step of the way. Whether that’s through competitive compensation, award-winning training, or benefits so comprehensive we call them Total Rewards.
Start creating powerful answers today.
Equal Employment Opportunity