The Switch Technician is responsible for advanced integration, operation and maintenance (OA&M), and performance monitoring of VZW networks and platforms found within a regional data distribution location. Networks supported include 1X, CDMA/eHRPD, LTE –NSC, EBH, TRFO/NNI, WDN, and WVN. Platforms included in these networks are: Ditech PAEC, 1678 MSPP, ALU – eNB’s, MME, SGW, 7750, 7705, CMDS, ALU 5100 CMS, ECP, 5ESS; Cisco 6500, 10K, ASR5000, CRS16; Juniper EPC MLS, MX960; Tellabs Titan 5500, Lucent GPS 4848 DC power plant and associated BDFB’s. Performance monitoring tools include, Real Time Tool, Brix, Ehealth, Cisco, ALU SAMS, SQM, ALU OMC-RAN The Technician Switch is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and perform preventive maintenance on multiple vendor systems.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on regional data networks and correct anomalies.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Participate in First Office Applications (FOAs) and other projects as scheduled.
- Interface and escalate as necessary with key stakeholders both within and outside the Region to ensure projects as well as troubleshooting efforts are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide clear/concise project status reports
- Associates Degree and 3+ years of experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry with a focus on data networks and transport.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and 2+ years in the cellular/telecommunications industry OR Minimum of 2 years experience with TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and IP routing protocols.
- Experience with OA&M, monitoring, and growing large-scale data networks required.
- Experience with Cisco & Juniper infrastructure and operating systems required.
- Experience with high speed wireless technologies; 1XRTT, EV-DO, EV-DO rev.A, and LTE.
- Demonstrated understanding of IP addressing, subnetting, network segmentation (VLAN), MPLS, and virtual routing instances.
- Must have a clear understanding of Ethernet transport networks (LAN & WAN) with Ethernet over SONET and MetroE.
- Experience using various network monitoring or performance tools such as eHealth, RTT, Fluke, Netscout NGenius Suite, Wireshark, and Prospect desired.
- Experience in ALU wireless switching environment desirable.
- Programming/Scripting experience desirable.
- CCNA /CCENT desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Must have strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment.
- Must possess a proactive work style with the ability to set priorities, work with minimum supervision and with a diverse group of professionals.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow up through to completion on all assignments/projects/deadlines
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.