RF Systems Performance Engineer
- Houston, TX - United States
- Network - Full-Time
- Job # 360017
- Meet System Performance goals including Ineffective Attempts (IA) and Lost Calls (LC) in voice networks, Failed Connection Attempts (FCA) and Dropped Connections (DC) in EVDO networks, RRC Setup Failures and Bearer Drops in LTE networks, VoLTE IA and VoLTE LC. Develop and implement plans to improve the performance goals.
- Support the network build program (new cells, EVDO, CDMA and LTE carrier additions etc.).
- Analyze baseline, Nielsen, RootMetrics results and implement solutions for improving those results.
- Monitor network performance (using SMS alerts, Real Time Tools, OM reports, etc.) and implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot system problems such as drop calls, dropped connections, handoff failures, failed originations, and interference issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints.
- Conduct drive testing, analyze drive data, monitor OMs and continuously optimize networks to improve performance and to meet or exceed goals.
- Identify areas that require coverage improvement or capacity offload. Implement changes including releasing search rings.
- Coordinate with RF Engineering in designing and deploying channel elements and carrier additions to prevent system blocking and support network growth. Support adding network equipment and performance monitoring for special events.
- Review all aspects of job functions and recommend new procedures, programs, or test tools to enable greater job productivity.
- Interface with PM, real estate, construction, switch/field operations, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal to assure that Verizon’s network quality and financial objectives are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- Experience in RF Engineering, RF system design or RF system performance.
- Understanding of CDMA, 3G-1X, EVDO, LTE and VoLTE operations.
- Familiarity with Ericsson cell site hardware, switch, and various subscriber equipments, preferred.
- Understanding of call processing (originations, handoffs) and data networking (switching/routing, TCP/IP).
- Familiarity with RF data collection/analysis tools and RF test equipment (e.g. DataPro, Actix, Windcatcher, frequency scanners, spectrum analyzers).
- Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques.
- Understanding of antenna characteristics and antenna system design/selection.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Flexibility with work hours, as some night or weekend works will be required.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills by being committed to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility by attempting alternate solutions to resolve issues, and adjusting to a dynamic, changing business environment.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational and planning skills by developing and completing project plans
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity