The Creative Designer will join a talented and experienced Creative Services team, producing agency-level work for internal (Verizon) and external clients (including premium brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen and State Farm).
The Creative Services group serves as an in-house agency, collaborating with Marketing, Campaign Management and Product Development to consult and produce communications for B2B as well as B2C.
The work of the Creative Services group is guided by research, knowledge of fundamental communications principles, talent and passion. This is a highly collaborative environment, fast-paced and deadline oriented, more akin – in spirit – to an agency environment than to an in-house team. However, it remains firmly rooted in the corporate environment of a Fortune 20 company and must work within the guiding principles and rules of that environment.
This role requires an understanding of audiences, audience segmentation and audience needs/requirements, in order to manage the creative development of a design strategy from concept through implementation and execution.This role is perfect for an ambitious and talented design professional who is looking for an exciting growth opportunity.
- The Creative Designer develops concepts for a very broad set of creative programs (online and offline) that includes websites, direct mail, interfaces, print collateral, event graphics, and social media.
- Collaborates with copywriters, creating high quality communications to generate response in order to meet business/marketing objectives.
- Strategizes with Sr Creative Management and Project Management, project scope, milestones and delivery in order to meet the needs of a fast-paced business environment.
- Executes concepts to deliver final artwork or guides execution with internal design team or outside suppliers like web developers, photographers, illustrators and videographers.
- Pushes the state-of-the-art with every creation and drives quality and efficiency.
- Communicates concepts/ideas clearly and persuasively at individual and group level, to internal and external audiences.
- Identifies milestones, sets priorities and goals, makes action plans to manage own time to meet deadlines across many projects.
- Seeks the right input and statistics in order to lift the creative to a strategic level.
- Develops with the creative team and presents benchmarking, industry 'best practices' and summaries of analytics in order to 'ground' a creative strategy.
- Intelligently solves complex challenges, and has an ability to simplify complexity. Must be comfortable in a dynamic technology environment where many moving parts are influencing the creative delivery.
- The Creative Designer is an inspiring ‘self-starter’ and brings strategic conceptual thinking to the internal Creative Services team.
- The Creative Designer has a solid understanding of core communication principles and marketing strategy and therefore is able to translate this into effective design solutions for Verizon and partner brands.
- The Creative Designer has an understanding of direct response principles, information design and the need for consistency and communication effectiveness of all touch points along the consumer purchasing journey.
- Must be a creative and effective thinker with the ability to think outside-the-box, while at the same time maintaining acceptable corporate standards and sensibilities.
- Has experience with Branding and Brand Identity of Fortune 100 companies (ideally technology industry or consumer products)
- Open and objective, able to work under pressure (speed and complexity), team-player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years working in marketing, design or agency environments, with at least 2 years as a creative lead
- 2+ years in a corporate or large organizational environment
- Resourceful, get-it-done attitude
- Quality focused; detail oriented.
- Desire to keep up-to date on industry trends, best practices and the competitive landscape
- Eagerness to grow and learn.
- Solid portfolio showcasing conceptual creative, stunning design style and high quality execution. Digital design experience is a must-have.
- Ability to design within Content Management Systems
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.